The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sending pretensioner through the post (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302991)

first-things-first 19th February 2020 14:08

Sending pretensioner through the post

I am trying to find a courier who will deliver a pretensioner and seat belt (not MG Rover) as the company I bought it off will not post it as their couriers regard this as a dangerous item.

Some might say just shove it in a jiffy bag, but I understand their position as they do not want the grief should it go off in the very unlikely circumstances it might happen.

Does anyone know of a courier who will do this for a reasonable price?

Failing that might a kind soul assist with pony express from Chesterfield for me to London or Essex. :bowdown: I could meet some where along the way if too far for them ...

Rick-sta 19th February 2020 15:14

Hi Andrew, I think Kevin at MG Rover repair wickford would probably have one if you're struggling to get the long distance one posted. Kev had a ZT in for breaking for the last 6 months or so and is probably still there.

first-things-first 19th February 2020 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2794098)
Hi Andrew, I think Kevin at MG Rover repair wickford would probably have one if you're struggling to get the long distance one posted. Kev had a ZT in for breaking for the last 6 months or so and is probably still there.

Cheers Rick, but it's for my FIAT so an MG Rover one's not much use. :}

KWIL 19th February 2020 18:36

As long as the terminals are shorted out it will be safe.

myfirstrover 19th February 2020 20:03

Tell them it's a water pump.

wullie480 19th February 2020 20:28

I’m sure ups courier this sort of stuff.

Car batteries phones etc.

I just got a steering wheel delivered complete with airbag via parcelforce I guess the sender did t declare it.

first-things-first 19th February 2020 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWIL (Post 2794143)
As long as the terminals are shorted out it will be safe.

It's mechanical, no electrical connection. Without a special clip fitted (it doesn't) it should be safe, according to docs I have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by myfirstrover (Post 2794169)
Tell them it's a water pump.

The problem is the company wants to stay on the right side of the courier's and won't lie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wullie480 (Post 2794175)
I’m sure ups courier this sort of stuff.

Car batteries phones etc.

I just got a steering wheel delivered complete with airbag via parcelforce I guess the sender did t declare it.

I tried UPS. They said no. As you said they just "forgot" to say that it had an airbag fitted.

Jamiewelch 20th February 2020 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by first-things-first (Post 2794084)
I am trying to find a courier who will deliver a pretensioner and seat belt (not MG Rover) as the company I bought it off will not post it as their couriers regard this as a dangerous item.

Some might say just shove it in a jiffy bag, but I understand their position as they do not want the grief should it go off in the very unlikely circumstances it might happen.

Failing that might a kind soul assist with pony express from Chesterfield for me to London or Essex. :bowdown: I could meet some where along the way if too far for them ...

Fedex will ship oil and all sorts of things, worth trying them. It won't be cheap but they will probably take it.

Neil1 20th February 2020 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by first-things-first (Post 2794084)

Won't post it, can't believe that one.
I mean it's not explosive material.

Wrap it in bubble wrap and stick in a box, simple really.

Try this company......https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/

clf 20th February 2020 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil1 (Post 2794275)
Won't post it, can't believe that one.

I mean it's not explosive material.

Wrap it in bubble wrap and stick in a box, simple really.

Try this company......https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/

Erm how does a pretensioner operate then?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk