The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   PDC problem (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=291714)

Rsnail 8th January 2019 19:18

PDC problem

Hello guys, since yesterday, all of the sudden, my parking sensors stopped working, and when I first turn the engine on, switch to reverse gear, I hear a long BEEEEEEEEEEEEP sound that is a little louder than the sound that simply and shortly beeped when the system was working, at the same time, my rear view camera installed by me about 2 months ago stopped working, but the two systems aren't normaly interconnected at all, maybe a coincidence, but who knows... also, a brake bulb failed about one week ago and without me doing anything, after 2 days it started working again... the camera is also now sometimes working (5% of times) and sometimes not (95% of times). All of this happened after a long 900 miles road from Italy to Germany, with heavy rain almost all the road.. Could this be a boot water leak? What should I check?

By the way, diagnosed the PDC system with Toaf and it says following:

13 - ultrasonic sensor rear middle right
-Errors count: 50
-Open circuit
-Error present
-Sporadic error

COLVERT 8th January 2019 21:25

I guess with all that rain that some of the connectors have got water in them. You could, maybe, wait for them to dry out or go round and dry them yourself. A bit of searching needed .

trikey 8th January 2019 21:26

Check the rear harness behind the bumper for any breaks in the wiring, if water gets in the circuit it can cause the issue you mention.

T-Cut 8th January 2019 21:42

Look for twirls of insulating tape covering the poor wiring joins. The circuit break is likely from one of those. A proper soldered join is better and then protected with some heat shrink sleeve.

TC

Mike Noc 8th January 2019 21:45

Had a similar issue and found it was one of the sensors had packed up.

Rsnail 9th January 2019 04:58

TC, where should I look for what you've been describing?

Mike, you mean that one of the sensors was just faulty?

T-Cut 9th January 2019 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsnail (Post 2700791)

Behind the bumper as Trikey post 3.

TC

Mike Noc 9th January 2019 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsnail (Post 2700791)

Mike, you mean that one of the sensors was just faulty?

Yes - I had a spare so swapped it out in turn and found the culprit. :}

Looks like TOAF has already given you a clue. ;)

Rsnail 9th January 2019 08:56

If everything looks fine behind the bunper and no cable broken or etc, then is it a method to test thr sensors itself to see if one is really the problem? Or to test the cabling or the unit itself to see where the problrm comes from if nothing wrong is visible to the eye, thanks.

Rsnail 9th January 2019 13:43

A little update, ignition on, reverse gear, and the middle right sensor is indeed not clicking as it should, so there are 2 possibilities only, either cable interrupted or grounded because of the water hence the open circuit error in toaf or the sensor itself is dead, am I right?