The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Murder of Sarah Everard (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315608)

macafee2 1st October 2021 21:17

Murder of Sarah Everard

Talking with a women this afternoon, she said she would be more wary of a single male police officer following the abduction rape and murder of Sarah Everard.

I was shocked by this. I can see many instances where I would have expected her to be more scared.

Has Wayne Couzens really made people scared of the police?

I got this from the following web site
https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-inform...xual-violence/

"Approximately 85,000 women and 12,000 men (aged 16 - 59) experience rape, attempted rape or sexual assault by penetration in England and Wales alone every year; that's roughly 11 of the most serious sexual offences (of adults alone) every hour."

I would have thought those figures would be enough to make women fear men in general.

macafee2

trikey 1st October 2021 23:22

Like any other profession, you are going to get bad folk in the police force, the issue is made worse by the fact these guys and girls are protecting us daily.

https://www.college.police.uk/article/barred-list

MSS 1st October 2021 23:53

Agreed. One really bad apple in the tens of thousands who are putting up with obnoxious behaviour from some members of the public daily in order to protect the public.

Simondi 2nd October 2021 06:20

What happened was shocking, this guy is not only a disgrace to the police but also a disgrace to every other rational, sensible human being.
Sadly it has further tarnished the perception of the police and a lot of work needs to be done to restore it. Nobody would say all police are bad but this and other instances erodes both the perception by the public and the respect given.

I think that we as a society need to re educate ourselves. We need to move away from the mindset that judges a woman ( or anyone for that matter) what they wear. Instead of asking our daughters to dress modestly we should be telling our sons to respect women.

Edit
Just seen this, sums it up beautifully

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidmack...380523531?s=21

planenut 2nd October 2021 06:51

There is a lot more about this vile thing that is strange, and perhaps should have been viewed as suspicious. How he did not trigger questions prior to his employment should be investigated. Not being in a career at 49? He himself, as a person, manipulated the system to fulfil his evil plan by joining the Police. He was clearly not"a Policeman" but a warped individual. There are a lot more questions about him and his past.

I would happily pull the lever, and give him warning of that appointment; I pray he is not allowed to escape his sentence at his own hands.

So sad for Sarah, her family and friends, sad too for his family.

macafee2 2nd October 2021 07:48

but should women be more scared of the police following the Sarah Everard incident?

macafee2

VVC-Geeza 2nd October 2021 09:17

I'm surprised nobody else commented on the other thread "Good News" despite nearly 160 views.I stand by what I said,I would have made the death penalty available to the jury in his case.

mileshawk56 2nd October 2021 09:25

Interesting news article BBC news- French Gendarme and later Police officer who it is said by Police was responsible for at least 4 murders and 6 rapes of girls over 30 year period. He committed suicide last month following being asked (with 750 other police officers) to provide DNA sample. Chris S.

wraymond 2nd October 2021 11:37

On top of all this is the eyes-wide-shut attitude of the Met Commissioner. Her abysmal record of no comment/missing in action/lack of leadership highlights the prevailing principle of buggins’ turn at the top and stuff the best on offer. The Menezes affair comes to mind among others. A couple of her predecessors were superb, then wokeness reared its ugly head.

Considering there were other officers that he was in contact with (by email) who replied to his foul messaging in kind and similar vein, there is a likening to the iceberg principle here. Anybody care to grasp the nettle? Why did nobody senior grab him off duty and under investigation following his car registration being notified following the McDonald incident? How did he get accepted in the first place? There should/must have been alarm bells ringing everywhere. Does anybody doubt for a moment that every copper is not a saint? The many worthy ones must be squirming.

My daughter was for a time attached to the police. She left, disgusted at what was considered acceptable behaviour. Not by all, but toleration becomes condoning and then acceptable is not far behind for fear of your colleagues shunning you. I don’t think Cressida D. has the cohones.

Bolin 2nd October 2021 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2901998)
I'm surprised nobody else commented on the other thread "Good News" despite nearly 160 views.I stand by what I said,I would have made the death penalty available to the jury in his case.

You can't punish someone if they are dead - perhaps the US 'SuperMax' jails are a concept worth considering for the very worst offenders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2902018)
On top of all this is the eyes-wide-shut attitude of the Met Commissioner. Her abysmal record of no comment/missing in action/lack of leadership highlights the prevailing principle of buggins’ turn at the top and stuff the best on offer. The Menezes affair comes to mind among others.

SHE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN APPOINTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

She was in charge of a chaotic control room in an operation that led to an innocent man being gunned down in public on a tube train.

And yet no-one was found to be responsible. Cressida Dick was the Gold Commander, and she ended up be being promoted and rewarded. Unbelievable.

(Sorry to digress).