The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Thinking of selling up (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300729)

scottish_don 11th November 2019 10:50

Thinking of selling up

I think I've reached the point of selling both my 75's (MK1 sallon and MK2 tourer). I now only take them out for a 5 mile drive round the block on a Sunday morning, purley to keep the battery charged, £52 a month on road tax, £40 on car insurance and then fuel on top of all that.

Sad really...I need to sleep on it.:shrug:

steve-45 11th November 2019 11:44

It’s about time they abolished Road Tax / Vehicle excise license and loaded it all onto fuel.

This way it would be impossible to avoid paying this tax unlike the many thousands that drive around with no road tax.

Mike Noc 11th November 2019 12:30

Why not let your head and heart meet half way and sell one of them. :}

macafee2 11th November 2019 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-45 (Post 2774926)
It’s about time they abolished Road Tax / Vehicle excise license and loaded it all onto fuel.

This way it would be impossible to avoid paying this tax unlike the many thousands that drive around with no road tax.

stolen credit cards, failure to pay credit cards, drive offs

macafee2

scottish_don 11th November 2019 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2774936)
Why not let your head and heart meet half way and sell one of them. :}

Maybe.....oddly I'm leaning to the tourer even though the saloon is a better spec, the tourer is a better drive.

See what a nights sleep brings

victorgte 12th November 2019 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2774971)
stolen credit cards, failure to pay credit cards, drive offs

macafee2

My local garage has gone to pay at pump. Best thing they ever did. No drive offs, no staff manning the shop, I can fill up at 10pm or 5am. I'm surprised there are so few pay at pump.
Tax on the 75's is high but you get a piece of class to drive.
Selling one of them is not the end of the world. Soon I will be left with just one.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

genpk 13th November 2019 00:28

pay at the pump, great for convenience and the shareholders but not so good for the economy, less jobs,more unemployment.

Comfortably Numb 13th November 2019 17:00

Oh no, genpk, you have discovered the downside of technology! Never mind, pay everyone a full wage to work half-time in shared jobs. We were promised years ago that automation would free us from long hours of drudge for low pay, and we would have more leisure time and money to enjoy it. I can't work out where it all went wrong.