The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Exhaust compatibility (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305397)

Mean & Green 4th June 2020 19:10

Exhaust compatibility

I’m sorry of this has been asked before. I can’t seem to find an answer to what I’m looking for.

Does anyone know if there was ever an X-Power exhaust for the ZT-T 1.8T? If not, does the 190 exhaust fit the 1.8T?

Thanks. :}

marinabrian 4th June 2020 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean & Green (Post 2816647)
I’m sorry of this has been asked before. I can’t seem to find an answer to what I’m looking for.

Does anyone know if there was ever an X-Power exhaust for the ZT-T 1.8T? If not, does the 190 exhaust fit the 1.8T?

Thanks. :}

It'll fit with persuasion, and I suspect do nowt :D

The 190 has a 60mm OD pipe, and the 1800T a 57mm pipe, but almost all aftermarket pipes including my own stainless Powerflow V6 system I cobbled onto the 1800 with a swaged adapter pipe are 57mm.

The best upgrade in terms of performance on the 1800T is a Z&F remap.

So what niggles have you found so far, and where in the town are you from?

Brian :D

mininuts 4th June 2020 19:36

Fitted an x power V6 ZTT silencer to my diesel.
Had a short reducer made up, to compensate for the few millimetres difference, and secured with a couple of Mikalor stainless clamps.......jobs a good ‘un ;)

Looks so much nicer than the downwards diesel tailpipes :cool:

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...55b5fc4e11.jpg

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...55b5f9459f.jpg

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...5941e22b8e.jpg

Mean & Green 4th June 2020 20:05

Thanks for the info chaps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2816654)
It'll fit with persuasion, and I suspect do nowt :D

The 190 has a 60mm OD pipe, and the 1800T a 57mm pipe, but almost all aftermarket pipes including my own stainless Powerflow V6 system I cobbled onto the 1800 with a swaged adapter pipe are 57mm.

The best upgrade in terms of performance on the 1800T is a Z&F remap.

So what niggles have you found so far, and where in the town are you from?

I don’t really want it for performance. I just like the sound of the one on my ZR and would like to get a similar result on the ZT. I like the X-Power tone, it’s not overbearing or annoying. Just a nice note when you drive it spiritedly :D

The only niggles so far are it’s over/under boosting on full throttle. This weekend I intend to have a good look over of the pipe work and check the spark plugs. Got a new boost solenoid on the way anyway.

It has a cracked tail light lens and a knackered parcel shelf. Oh and a slight exhaust leak.

Nothing at all major. It’s got the paperwork for a recent head gasket replacement and belts, water pump and such like. It’s had a clutch and slave cylinder in the last couple of years as well as the bushes. FSH from new and no rust. It has the odd door ding and a couple of bumper scuffs, but it’s 16 years old with 140k miles on it.

I’m more than happy with it as a daily commuter and it’s great for putting my mountain bike into. The fact it’s a nice car to drive is a bonus.

Once I have the car to a standard I’m happy with in standard form and I’ve lived with it for a while, I will be looking at the 200BHP remap options.

I’m in Gosforth by the way. How about you?

suzublu 4th June 2020 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean & Green (Post 2816667)

I don’t really want it for performance. I just like the sound of the one on my ZR and would like to get a similar result on the ZT. I like the X-Power tone, it’s not overbearing or annoying. Just a nice note when you drive it spiritedly :D

The only niggles so far are it’s over/under boosting on full throttle. This weekend I intend to have a good look over of the pipe work and check the spark plugs. Got a new boost solenoid on the way anyway.

It has a cracked tail light lens and a knackered parcel shelf. Oh and a slight exhaust leak.

Nothing at all major. It’s got the paperwork for a recent head gasket replacement and belts, water pump and such like. It’s had a clutch and slave cylinder in the last couple of years as well as the bushes. FSH from new and no rust. It has the odd door ding and a couple of bumper scuffs, but it’s 16 years old with 140k miles on it.

I’m more than happy with it as a daily commuter and it’s great for putting my mountain bike into. The fact it’s a nice car to drive is a bonus.

Once I have the car to a standard I’m happy with in standard form and I’ve lived with it for a while, I will be looking at the 200BHP remap options.

Brian's round the corner from you, I suggest you get to know him;):D I've got a Longlife ss exhaust from Ashington, tuned to my spec, sounds lurrsh:D

trikey 4th June 2020 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2816670)
Brian's round the corner from you, I suggest you get to know him

He does supply excellent coffes & biscuits :drool4:

cbr1100xx 4th June 2020 20:54

But dont forget the dog treats:D

marinabrian 4th June 2020 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean & Green (Post 2816667)

Gosforth eh?.........Hmm I may know where that is :cool:

I'm in Hazleriggshire on Sea, in the People's Republic of North Tyneside, so if you want to pop over you are more than welcome ;)

Mean & Green 5th June 2020 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2816692)
Gosforth eh?.........Hmm I may know where that is :cool:

I'm in Hazleriggshire on Sea, in the People's Republic of North Tyneside, so if you want to pop over you are more than welcome ;)

Thanks that’s kind of you. You’re literally round the corner. :}

trikey 5th June 2020 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean & Green (Post 2816874)
Thanks that’s kind of you. You’re literally round the corner. :}

And so it begins.... :D:D