The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Recognized a Voice on the News! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306214)

planenut 7th July 2020 08:21

Recognized a Voice on the News!

I had the box on the other day, and there was a news item where the presenter was talking about the subject, and people in the picture had to be secured by another for safety; I then heard a voice that I immediately recognized and they then showed the speaker and I was right. I used to work with the guy twenty-five years ago, and haven't seen or spoken with him since. Funny old world.

Avulon 7th July 2020 10:45

Wow - I'm impressed...

... Waiting in excruciationg anticipation for the interesting part where you provide the details. Where, when, who, what - summary of the news item etc....

Or have you forgotten all that, and just remembered that you recognised a voice...

:rofl:

planenut 7th July 2020 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2823465)
Wow - I'm impressed...

... Waiting in excruciationg anticipation for the interesting part where you provide the details. Where, when, who, what - summary of the news item etc....

Or have you forgotten all that, and just remembered that you recognised a voice...

:rofl:

I didn't think anybody would want to know more....... We used to work on a small mobile laboratory, probably had five tours with him, a very nice bloke.

He got married and moved away.

It's a funny world sometimes............

Reebs 7th July 2020 13:42

Did he sound like Joe Pasquali then, or Tom Baker perhaps? He must have had a distinctive voice for you to remember it from years ago :getmecoat:

planenut 7th July 2020 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebs (Post 2823508)
Did he sound like Joe Pasquali then, or Tom Baker perhaps? He must have had a distinctive voice for you to remember it from years ago :getmecoat:

No, I'm just amazingly attentive!:}

Avulon 10th July 2020 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2823488)
I didn't think anybody would want to know more....... We used to work on a small mobile laboratory, probably had five tours with him, a very nice bloke.

He got married and moved away.

It's a funny world sometimes............

Lol, I'm not sure we wanted to know the first bit ... but if you're going to tell an anecdote make it complete! (or at least interesting) I'm making up all sorts now - perhaps he was arrested for a string of grisly murders? perhaps he built a perpetual motion car out of matchsticks, we'll never know now I guess......

:getmecoat:

Jim Jamieson 10th July 2020 19:09

I spotted a bird the other day which I recognised from my youth.

It was a blooming seagull that stole my ice cream cone.

Sorry couldn’t resist, it’s the Corona in my system, I should have poured a Heineken :devil:

Gate Keeper 11th July 2020 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebs (Post 2823508)

Good morning Paul :} Sophie Raworth did a telephone interview with me on BBC Breakfast News, a one-off. The discussion was about my work in MediVacs in hostage rescue, medical repatriation and how “we” got people back home. I did a google search of the interview, but couldn’t find a record of it.

I am wondering if Fred can’t say too much about his former colleague’s voice in case it falls under the official secrets act ;)