The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Where has water come from! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304988)

Caulkhead 18th May 2020 11:21

Where has water come from!

Stripped all the back of the tourer out today, seats trim the lot. Had a puddle under the passenger side rear seat, so decided to investigate.

Did Arctic’s sunroof drain mod years ago, and all is still well there, no damp in spare wheel space or in lining on sides of seats etc. No damp on carpets in passenger space, pleniums all ok. Small rubber blanking plug had come out on wheel arch, it was lying in the seat well, could this be where water had got in when driving in the wet weather? Why is there a hole there anyway? Before I put it all back could there be anything else to check?

roverbarmy 18th May 2020 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulkhead (Post 2813188)
Had a puddle under the passenger side rear seat, so decided to investigate.

Before I put it all back could there be anything else to check?

Does the mother in law sit there and is she watertight? :getmecoat:

:D

trikey 18th May 2020 12:35

I’d be getting a hosepipe on the car and sit inside and check while you have it all stripped out.

Some seams are starting to allow water through, I think the sealer is finally showing it’s age.

cbr1100xx 18th May 2020 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2813197)
Does the mother in law sit there and is she watertight? :getmecoat:

:D

Absolutely brilliant, I nearly inked myself laughing at that:eek:

Stan

Caulkhead 19th May 2020 08:33

Thanks for the hosepipe advice Trikey. Will do that later today. Also really enjoyed the joke, although perhaps should have been in the humour section. Coincidentally my mother in law died from drowning although she wasn’t in my car at the time. It was a long time ago.

Back to my problem, any suggestions about how water has collected in a seat well, when all other areas of the car are dry. The blanking grommet on the wheel arch being missing seems a possibility, could water have been splashing through there, it was a very wet winter. Any further thoughts and ideas very welcome.

trikey 19th May 2020 11:57

The water collects in the side of the boot area then moves forwards under braking (or if you park nose downwards) and collects in the rear foot wells!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roverbarmy 19th May 2020 14:59

Oops! Apologies. No offence meant. I hope none taken. Mike

Caulkhead 19th May 2020 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2813400)
Oops! Apologies. No offence meant. I hope none taken. Mike

Not at all, but was hoping for some helpful suggestions, may have solved it, it would seem to be a blocked sunroof drain pipe, all cleared and working ok now. Did Trikeys hosepipe test, cannot see any water getting in. Now preparing to put all the trim and seats back in, hey ho!

KWIL 19th May 2020 15:18

The definate downside of having a sunroof, would not have one in my car, ever.
Had one in a company 800, even with the internal sunshade drawn, I was more than aware of the light above my head and when passing under trees the flicker drove me mad.