The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   She's Arrived. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=327438)

Grumpyold2hat 27th March 2024 12:38

She's Arrived.

Just took delivery on my 1st 75. Was a tad nervous as bought from a video and a description.

The Good
1.8T Auto, 70K FSH, Cam done 55K.
Runs and drives beautifully. Previous owner did 30K over 15 years.
Everything works, mirrors, windows ect.
Paint immaculate.

The Bad.
Aircon does not get icy.
Wet boot.
Engine bay dirty.

Incredible you can get so much car for £1500.

SteveThackery 27th March 2024 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpyold2hat (Post 2992150)
Just took delivery on my 1st 75. Was a tad nervous as bought from a video and a description.
1.8T Auto, 77K FSH, Cam done 55K but no sign of head gasket service.
Runs and drives beautifully. Fingers crossed for many years of motoring.
Overpaid? £1500

It sounds like a great price, to me. Congratulations!

Rogue 27th March 2024 12:48

Congrats on your purchase :)

FLYING BANANA 27th March 2024 13:11

Congratulations on your new arrival. Great engine is the 1.8t.

suzublu 27th March 2024 17:47

Aircon, regas but check for leaks, especially the condenser.
Boot wet, where to start 😁 first, rear light seals,remove the light unit and check the gasket, known to split, simply reglue and fit left to right and viceversa. Or buy new.
Rear window clips, lift the rubber along the bottom edge of the window and you'll see clips, seal these best you can, you can feel under the boot beneath the window for the clips too.
That's just for starters.
Engine bay, well that depends how far you want to go?
Have fun and welcome to rovering 😁

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

Grumpyold2hat 27th March 2024 18:49

Boot issue.

Thanks for the advise.

Pretty sure its coming from the rear lights. Ordered a new set of eBay, seem easy to fit so fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Arctic 28th March 2024 08:55

Hi Martyn.

Good luck with your new purchase, regarding the aircon have you tested the front cooling fan yet, doing the demist test.

Start the car, make sure all the aircon is switched off, then press the demist button, see if the front cooling fan through the front grill is continually running if not then the slow speed is not working, which works in conjunction with the aircon to help keep the it cool.

SD1too 28th March 2024 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2992245)
... press the demist button, see if the front cooling fan through the front grill is continually running if not then the slow speed is not working, which works in conjunction with the aircon to help keep the it cool.

:wot:

The slow speed is also necessary to keep the engine coolant temperature under control. If it's not working please come back to us for further advice.

Simon

Martin Butler 30th March 2024 07:37

First priority has to be to fix any leaks, as you have already decided to change the light seals, I would also use sealant as well, there is a small area that the gasket doesn't cover, to double ensure the boot stays watertight, engine bay, how far do you want to go, a good degreasing spray and hose off often works wonders, but be very careful where you aim the hose, as Artic has already instructed test the slow speed fan, if the fans toast its a front end off job, not hard, but its quite involved often brushed having worn out is the culprit.

planenut 30th March 2024 08:42

Well done with your aquisition, enjoy it.