The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Lets blame covid (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317044)

macafee2 31st December 2021 15:01

Lets blame covid

Let's blame covid. This is a short version of a phone call to Wickes, there was very little else said but you will get the idea.

Wickes - Good afternoon how can I help?
Me - Hello, do you have a wood cutting service?
Wickes - No, due to covid.
Me - Do you normally have a wood cutting service?
Wickes - I'll have to check.
Wickes - No we dont.

macafee2

Number 6 31st December 2021 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2914497)
Let's blame covid. This is a short version of a phone call to Wickes, there was very little else said but you will get the idea.

Wickes - No we dont.

macafee2

Every thing is blamed on Covid. Even when Covid is not connected to it. Its to keep the figures up.

planenut 31st December 2021 16:32

It certainly is a fallback excuse now, how could you remain calm? I did have a similar exchange with a Company one orders from online: I did ask how it could affect them?

If you still need that service, Homebase usually provide it.

KeithA 31st December 2021 17:24

B&Q also have this service

Sent from my moto g(30) using Tapatalk

MSS 31st December 2021 17:58

Some, but not all, of the larger B&Q stores provide a cutting service. Treated materials are excluded for obvious reasons.

Ditto larger Homebase.

mbev51 31st December 2021 17:59

COVID has been and will continue to be a very useable excuse for a variety of things. It has been a gift to the politicians.

macafee2 31st December 2021 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2914521)
Some, but not all, of the larger B&Q stores provide a cutting service. Treated materials are excluded for obvious reasons.

Ditto larger Homebase.

They do but they are some £5 more expensive but I will have to go there as want the wood cut before loading in the trailer

macafee2

SCP440 31st December 2021 22:17

I have a customer who wanted 3 Red Kentucky Mop buckets a couple of months ago, I placed the order and was told they are out of stock because of '' Covid ''. I asked how could this be? I was then offered all the other colours they come in.

Luckily one of my other suppliers had some in stock from a cancelled order.

I know of numerous people who are waiting for vehicles, one a Van was orderd over a year ago and there is still no delivery date on it.

grivas 1st January 2022 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2914497)

Wickes - No we dont.

macafee2

What can you deduce from this so called 'conversation'?.

macafee2 1st January 2022 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by grivas (Post 2914643)
What can you deduce from this so called 'conversation'?.

Tha they were blaming covid for not having a cutting service when in fact without covid they dont have a cutting service and that covid is being blamed for all sorts of things when in fact covid has nothing to do with the situation and that the person I spoke to did not know they did not have a cutting service until they asked about it

macafee2