The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bitten the bullet - getting the clutch done (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299799)

Gigagator 8th October 2019 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2767305)
There's always the possibility that it was just the master cylinder.----------:duh:

Ah well.

I've always had a niggling doubt about the state of the slave, at least it puts that thought at ease.

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2767364)
Every manual 75 I’ve driven had a heavy clutch pedal. Is this an indication of near failure or just a 75 characteristic?

For what it's worth, the clutch pedal on mine has always been pretty light, just biting point right down on the floor. Maybe it's characteristically heavier in the diseasels but I've never driven one to say.

charlie 22 8th October 2019 18:32

Also us owners need to ask is what other car is on the matket now that is at the same hi quality as our cars. I have been looking on auto trader and only seem to be drawn to jags and inpartictular the new style xj.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

COLVERT 8th October 2019 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2767364)
Every manual 75 I’ve driven had a heavy clutch pedal. Is this an indication of near failure or just a 75 characteristic?

My diesel clutch is heavy and has been for the last 13 years. It has always gone right down to the floor too but it works OK.

My wife's Citroen C4 has such a light pedal if feels like it's not attached to anything but it works well.---:}

Gigagator 8th October 2019 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie 22 (Post 2767445)
Also us owners need to ask is what other car is on the matket now that is at the same hi quality as our cars. I have been looking on auto trader and only seem to be drawn to jags and inpartictular the new style xj.

This is true.

As part of my research Ive looked at hundreds of leasing deals and dozens of reviews of new models.
The only car that repeatedly takes my fancy is the newest Mazda 6 because the interior looks like a tidy place to be.

Got to be an automatic next time too for maximum waftability as Cardiff traffic is getting ridiculous.

By the way, the new clutch feels good.
Light as a feather, sensible bite point, no juddering on take up!
Don't know how I lived with it for 2 years.

charlie 22 9th October 2019 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigagator (Post 2767499)
This is true.

As part of my research Ive looked at hundreds of leasing deals and dozens of reviews of new models.
The only car that repeatedly takes my fancy is the newest Mazda 6 because the interior looks like a tidy place to be.

Got to be an automatic next time too for maximum waftability as Cardiff traffic is getting ridiculous.

By the way, the new clutch feels good.
Light as a feather, sensible bite point, no juddering on take up!
Don't know how I lived with it for 2 years.

My wife has the Mazda 6 on a 15 plate a very good car. Plus points very nice and premium interior, fantastic on fuel. Down side is the styling, the front side lets the car down.

elefsis 9th October 2019 10:07

My clutch is as light as a feather with 212,583 miles on the clock.

COLVERT 9th October 2019 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by elefsis (Post 2767561)
My clutch is as light as a feather with 212,583 miles on the clock.

How old is the clutch ???---Mine is 16 years old.---:D

Rich in Vancouver 10th October 2019 00:46

The release bearing on my ZT190 was making ominous noises
After changing the clutch I was amazed how much lighter the pedal was.
It took a bit of getting used to! I hadnt realised how heavy the old one was.

charlie 22 10th October 2019 11:25

I have bitten the clutch bullet as well. My clutch realse baring has failed, so have booked the old girl in for the 30th oct and will be £650 lighter. Should get 9 years of service out of it like the previous one.

COLVERT 10th October 2019 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie 22 (Post 2767762)
I have bitten the clutch bullet as well. My clutch realse baring has failed, so have booked the old girl in for the 30th oct and will be £650 lighter. Should get 9 years of service out of it like the previous one.

Will you be checking to see what make of clutch and bearing they'll be fitting ??