The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Access to under the rear seats (damp!) (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=109091)

bobthebuilder 26th March 2012 13:15

Access to under the rear seats (damp!)

Is there an easy way of getting under the rear seats so I can dry that area out?

Thanks

kissifer1972 26th March 2012 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthebuilder (Post 960397)
Is there an easy way of getting under the rear seats so I can dry that area out?

Thanks

Yes and no. Process is the same for them all but does seem car dependent as to how easy it is to get the seat base out.

You pull the front up, easy enough. Then you hold it up whilst looking under you should be able to see a think wire, like coathanger wire, that hooks over a, well, hook. Release this and then do the same at the other side.

It is only when you're doing it that you'll understand why this could be difficult. Depends how stiff those rear wires are really.

HTH

Chris

bobthebuilder 26th March 2012 13:27

Thanks for the prompt response. Could you explain what you mean my pulling the front up? Is tht the base of the seat?

thanks

kissifer1972 26th March 2012 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthebuilder (Post 960404)
Thanks for the prompt response. Could you explain what you mean my pulling the front up? Is tht the base of the seat?

thanks

Yes. You just pull the front of the seat base up. There's a rectangular metal piece attached to the car and two horizontal wires in the seat base locate onto it. These usually pop up easily enough, but those rear wires can be awkward.

Chris

bobthebuilder 26th March 2012 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissifer1972 (Post 960408)
Yes. You just pull the front of the seat base up. There's a rectangular metal piece attached to the car and two horizontal wires in the seat base locate onto it. These usually pop up easily enough, but those rear wires can be awkward.

Chris

Great, thanks, I'll give it a go. As you might have guessed, I had a leaking boot. Fixed that now but the water got everywhere!

kissifer1972 26th March 2012 13:37

Best of luck mate. I have had 3 75's with Leather and with all of them the rear seat base came out fairly easily, but I have read many a horror story on here.

Putting the seat back in can be harder than getting out, however.

Chris

bobthebuilder 26th March 2012 14:42

I've got the seat away OK with the help of a long spanner, but OMG, the big spongy thing has soaked up water like a bit spongy thing :( And i can't actually remove the seat properly as its attatched to the seat belt. Drying it out could take some doing...

David3807 26th March 2012 15:11

A bit off topic but while you have access under the seat take a pic of the spring/damper details which are on a label stuck to the body metal under the seat. Will save you taking the seat up again when a spring/damper needs replacing.:}