The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

sworks 17th December 2019 20:44

Did nothing with the 75 but picked the classic cooper S up from the bodyshop. Amazing how something so little can make you so happy! Mrs sworks dropped me off in the tomcat and we travelled home in convoy. For two old British cars that most people don’t like they seemed to get quite a bit of attention

Dallas 18th December 2019 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2781963)
Did nothing with the 75 but picked the classic cooper S up from the bodyshop. Amazing how something so little can make you so happy! Mrs sworks dropped me off in the tomcat and we travelled home in convoy. For two old British cars that most people don’t like they seemed to get quite a bit of attention

I know what you mean Mark... The wife and I took the ZT and TF out quite a bit this year during the summer months, and pretty much every time we stopped off somewhere, albeit a shop or pub, both cars certainly got some very nice remarks.

jackatesme 18th December 2019 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2781947)
Took her out for a quick spin today, she's been stood 4 weeks in this cold wind and rain, but she soon sprang into life with just one turn of the key. :xmas-smiley-008:

I don't reckon I will ever find another car battery as good as this one, will it get me through another winter? :icon_rolleyes:

The battery must be at least 7 years old now, it was on the car when I bought it.

Talking about batteries,got in 75 Monday,not used for about 5 weeks,flat batt.
Not a single light on dashboard. Charged it up yesterday,refitted this afternoon started 1st time. The battery was bought less than 6mths ago,recommended supplier. Not impressed.

roverbarmy 18th December 2019 19:26

Took my 94 year old mum to the physio. His diagnosis? Wear and tear!:icon_lol::icon_redface:

trikey 18th December 2019 20:00

Ordered a new Gates aux belt to replace the one in the cupboard, Debs ZT-T decided to chuck the belt off today, will have to find the cause too!

smudge.g 19th December 2019 17:33

My 'new' replacement front bumper arrived yesterday, to replace the one on the car that was demolished by an unfortunate wee deer. The new one is almost immaculate but I just need to find time to swap all the trim, foggies, headlight washers etc etc :) (and it was free postage!!!!)

trikey 19th December 2019 18:25

I discovered a broken bottom mount today while tying the exhaust up!

No problem, a ten minute job....

...until the captive nut on the subframe sheared off.

You gotta love these cars ain’t you.

marinabrian 19th December 2019 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2782319)
I discovered a broken bottom mount today while tying the exhaust up!

No problem, a ten minute job....

...until the captive nut on the subframe sheared off.

You gotta love these cars ain’t you.

Nut and bolt will work, as long as two spanners can be used at the same time

trikey 19th December 2019 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2782320)
Nut and bolt will work, as long as two spanners can be used at the same time

I’ll tackle it tomorrow, too dark tonight Bri and not good lying on a wet driveway.

Captain Crappycrimp 20th December 2019 15:11

1 Attachment(s)
Got my overhauled and repainted (in Teal green Metallic) 190 callipers disks and pads fitted along with new braided steel hoses looks the dogs danglies in my opinion.