The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

persuer 9th February 2014 17:10

I decided to go to halfrauds and get a new high beam bulb, they checked their system and pointed to a certain bulb " this is what you need sir ", so off I go outside to replace the bulb and the heavens open.

I decided to kill two birds with one stone and go to the Tesco and change the bulb in the covered car park only to find it was the wrong bulb.

Went back down to Halfrauds got the right one, fitted it and then noticed as I was changing the bulb that the LED sidelight bulb fell off into the light itself, so next job will be to remove bumper and n/s light and try to fish it out. :duh:

suzublu 9th February 2014 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by persuer (Post 1570453)
I decided to go to halfrauds and get a new high beam bulb, they checked their system and pointed to a certain bulb " this is what you need sir ", so off I go outside to replace the bulb and the heavens open.

I decided to kill two birds with one stone and go to the Tesco and change the bulb in the covered car park only to find it was the wrong bulb.

Went back down to Halfrauds got the right one, fitted it and then noticed as I was changing the bulb that the LED sidelight bulb fell off into the light itself, so next job will be to remove bumper and n/s light and try to fish it out. :duh:

Just get a length of wire with some sticky tape on the end, & go fishing ;) Less hassle than removing bumper etc :D

persuer 9th February 2014 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1570457)
Just get a length of wire with some sticky tape on the end, & go fishing ;) Less hassle than removing bumper etc :D

Thanks Ronnie :bowdown:, why did i not think of that :duh:

suzublu 9th February 2014 17:44

I speak from experience :getmecoat::cool::D

dons1983 9th February 2014 17:56

Sealed around the rear light cluster as water was getting in here. Drained the boot and dried it out. Added rear smiley number plate and touched up some small scratches with touch up paint.

flying_pig 9th February 2014 18:28

2 Attachment(s)
Ive finally cleaned mine after saving it from scrap two weeks ago

mrufff 9th February 2014 18:37

finally replaced xenon burners as mine was 4200k and 6000k and both old.
so bought some 10 quid mark 6000k burners and fitted them.
i don't know how long they will last but for tenner at least checked if i will like 6000k colour temp.

SideValve 9th February 2014 18:59

Just for fun I thought I'd try to check the clutch fluid level. Couldn't get the cap off. Decided it was no fun so had tea & scones instead.

keitheddy 9th February 2014 21:10

Checked pleniums. Flushed out blocked windscreen washer pump and bottle. Cleaned car. Checked tyre pressures. Had a cold beer.

DMGRS 9th February 2014 21:28

Today I drove my ZT-T to Wakefield and back from Southport for a meet - 130 faultless miles on the M62/M60/M6.

Feels lovely to be back in a ZT-T. :o