The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

Rich in Vancouver 8th October 2021 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2902769)
Hello Rich,
How is the ZT-T coming along?

The ZT-t is actually in great shape. It only needs a few minor tweaks to be tested. Handbrake adjustment, Daytime running lights activated via TOAF, side reflectors mounted (done using adhesive reflectors that may well fall off after the test) and that's about it.
I also want to give it a good clay and a couple of coats of wax.
This winter my plan is to do the belts and associated bits, have Rick replace the IPK screen and I will swap over the drilled and slotted rotors from the ZT along with the LED bulbs I installed on the ZT a couple of weeks before the accident.
The car would have been tested by now but I am in the middle of a major bathroom renovation. We poured concrete yesterday, insulated walls today, drywall tomorrow then the tile-setter can do his thing and I can play with my car. :D

Ched 9th October 2021 19:54

On my V8 I have had the airbag warning light on since I bought her, together with a terrible handbrake.
At the Frimley breakfast meet Andy with his t4 identified that both airbag connectors on the drivers seat were the cause of the light on.
I used a contact cleaner on them but still the light remained on.
Today I decided to remove both front seats and sort the problem out and also sort the terrible handbrake out.
Out came the drivers seat and the wiring rerouted, then the passenger seat bolts were removed and the seat tilted back, to my surprise the wiring to one plug was completely severed, so the pins were removed and the wires soldered to them then refitted.
Onto the handbrake I decided I was going to replace the adjuster with the mini cable, however, looking at it, it already had the modded one fitted with the shackle.
If I’d looked at the cable adjuster first I’d have saved quite some time, there was about 10 mm of thread showing, it was wound down to 22mm and it held the car, I ended up winding it back to about 18 mm as it was binding, a road test confirmed it working as it should, but it still needs to be wound back a little more as it binds.
The seats were put back and connected up, battery reconnected and the ign switched on, success at last, the airbag light went out, so happy days, now to get her mot’d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saga Lout 9th October 2021 20:29

Tempted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver (Post 2902541)
My new ZT-T is now in the garage. :)
On Saturday we used the F-150 to pull the remains of the wrecked ZT
out of the garage and up the slope to the street then rolled it down the hill onto the trailer. Happily it went on first try. :bowdown:
It's now gone on to it's final resting place at my mate Jeff's house where it can be used as a source of parts for us both.
Now to do a bit of work on the ZT-T to get it ready for our Provincial safety check. Hopefully it will be on the road late next week.:driving:

[IMG]https://images2.imgbox.com/73/08/0pVwny6F_o.jpg[/IMG]

It's a big task but I'd be thinking of mending that, there's shells and parts right now that could give you the car back. It's never down to money when love is involved.

FLYING BANANA 9th October 2021 21:13

Took the V8 out for a run, and came back via the petrol station for some go go juice.

Rich in Vancouver 9th October 2021 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saga Lout (Post 2903015)
It's a big task but I'd be thinking of mending that, there's shells and parts right now that could give you the car back. It's never down to money when love is involved.

The catch is that I am on the Pacific coast of Canada and there are NO ZT parts here. The red ZT was the only one for 3000 miles. Shipping for a replacement bonnet. LH front wing, frame rails, rad support panel, bumper and the dozens of parts that used to be attached to them would cost thousands, never mind the cost of having the car on a frame rack and the work to follow including all, of the wiring that left the car along with all of the front lighting.
I actually considered bringing in a parts car to put this one back together but the cost of shipping was more than the value of the car and iof course was the same as buying a good replacement which I did.
My eyes are still watering at the cost of importing the new ZT-T.
It really is a shame as there is no rust on the shell but...:shrug:

[IMG]https://images2.imgbox.com/18/f4/t4wwD6Pk_o.jpg[/IMG]

Bogbrush82 10th October 2021 11:03

So sorry to hear that. :(

Did the engine suffer any damage? Might be an idea to keep it as a spare if it's still ok.

Arctic 10th October 2021 14:16

Rear Spring Fitting

Helped a fellow crew member fit new rear spring on his tourer, the old one had broken in the usual place, so a nice steady morning, chatting in between and couple of coffees, job sorted.

https://i.imgur.com/Yp9bkFUl.jpg1

Rich in Vancouver 10th October 2021 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 (Post 2903058)
So sorry to hear that. :(

Did the engine suffer any damage? Might be an idea to keep it as a spare if it's still ok.

The engine and gearbox are OK. When the left chassis rail bent the air filter housing smashed the plastic cover on the L/H rear cam belt but the cams and engine are undamaged. It is now stored safely under my workbench along with the gearbox and all of the ancillaries. They were in great shape before the accident so will make good spares.

FLYING BANANA 10th October 2021 22:13

Took the Bear for a nice run out to Polperro in the glorious sunshine.

Rich in Vancouver 11th October 2021 22:39

Today I hooked up the laptop to my new ZT-T and activated the DTRLs using TOAF. The last time I used TOAF was when I did the same task on my old ZT a couple of years ago so it took a bit of re-learning.
All good now though as they are legally required here.
One question I do have...Can TOAF be used ton reset the language on the IPK?
Mine is in German and my knowledge of the language is limited to ordering schnitzel and beer so it would be nice to switch it to English.