The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

Supervinnie40 26th August 2014 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1768790)
do what a lot of others have done and replace all of the bolts in stainless and the screws with M5 cap head bolts and stailess chimney screws.... they will never rust again...

Wasn't there somebody who does a full kit with all the bolts you need for under the bonnet?

Mr_Shed 26th August 2014 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by versus (Post 1769565)
I fitted front TRW discs in September 2012, almost 2 years ago :) but done only 18k km in this time and they looks shiney like new. Very good quality. I paid for both front discs about 75 euro.

I expect I probably do about 12k over next two years, so disc should last for at least another 10 years lol.

Hmm cost, mine weren't that cheap as it's a 190 with full vented discs around. Guys at Chelmer Rover have done good job.

jgriffo 26th August 2014 21:22

Checked the bulkhead plenums as the rain we have had the last few days prompted me to check and I'm very glad I did!! Water was just lapping at the bottom of the black plastic ECU housing :eek:

There was no sign of any water ever being on the ECU so I'm happy I got to it in time.

Another little job done :}

Oh and whoever did the pollen filter on it last managed to get it upside down and back to front

Supervinnie40 27th August 2014 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgriffo (Post 1769664)
Oh and whoever did the pollen filter on it last managed to get it upside down and back to front

So you're car smelled nice and fresh from the outside, but inside it smelled like outside?? :D :D

rathlindri 27th August 2014 22:14

Ordered a door lock release cable for my front drivers door. I have "repaired" the broken one twice now and next time it lets go I'll replace it. Not in any hurry to remove the door card!

klarzy 29th August 2014 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 (Post 1769569)
Wasn't there somebody who does a full kit with all the bolts you need for under the bonnet?

yes trikey does them. but i did all the screws including the liners and undertrays.

Lee Parkhill 29th August 2014 19:24

Well today I had a wee holiday off work so I put my mind on the zt,

I bought 2 new FAI front drop links to cure a dreadful rattle at the front it seems to have taken most of the rattle away but just not as smooth as I would like it to be everything else seems to be tight enough tho,

I then proceeded to paint the brakes all round my mg is trophy blued so I opted for SILVER lol, so as the paint was drying as I was using a 2 post lift I tidied a few mudflaps.

VMax1000 29th August 2014 19:51

Getting boring, I know.....

But again did nothing. Just fuelled up and drive.

Maybe I should do something to post about :)

Having said that, trying to get the wheels balanced tomorrow

Organiser 29th August 2014 20:12

Removed about 1/2 litre of evil smelling gearbox oil from the sparewheel well of my 1.8 Turbo ZT-T, which had spilled out of a Supra gearbox I collected the other day. :duh:

At least the well won't rust now! :D :getmecoat:

Tom.

Alan123 30th August 2014 12:34

Today checked Plenums all nice and dry.
Also checked all fluids and they are all fine
I just need to wash and polish now :drool4: