The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

RoverRyan 29th March 2016 21:01

fan resistor

today I have fitted a new fan resistor on my Mk2 75 it seems to have done the trick (with the aircon etc) but I wont know until the weekend because the headgasket is on the first signs of going and is booked in to be swapped on Friday.
also noticed corrosion on the front springs so I am wondering whether to swap them before they snap.
apart from all that all seems good!

freck 30th March 2016 16:26

Took the tourer for an MOT today, and it passed with no advisories. :D

jgriffo 30th March 2016 21:19

Changed the lower engine mount/steady.

Ooooooohhhhhhhh sooooooooooo much smoother!

jackatesme 31st March 2016 17:40

Such a nice day done some work on car,gave it a good polish inside with dashboard pads, lifted carpet rear footwell mopped up water had another attempt to get bonnet catches to return after doing jules mod. Now the bad bits, her indoors called me in for dinner went back out after 1 hr to find i had left ignition on had to have jump start off neighbour, could not find where water is coming in all round sides of footwell dry:shrug:, to cap it all went to open bonnet cable has snapped or i have not put the block cover back in position and cable has cable has come off block. Moral of story men can't multytask, and try to be nice to the car by giving it a polish and it comes back and kicks you in the teeth:}

Fusilier 31st March 2016 18:00

What I did today

Took my ZT out of the garage, and put ZTT back in, after giving it a good wash, washed the Blue ZT, and gave the inside a thorough clean, with the steam cleaner, all carpets, door panels, seats, headliner, etc, then this evening when the sun went down, gave it a wipe over with some of my polish, will finish it off tomorrow, giving it a coat of high temp wax, followed by a coat of Autoglym HD wax

St

DaPol 1st April 2016 11:16

Replaced both rear light cluster gaskets
Chipped off the nasty bulge of mastic causing one leak
Swore at whoever had left it there in the factory
Replaced dashboard with some real wood
Discovered I had 2 different colours of wood, and now have dark wood at the outer edges and a somewhat lighter airbag cover
Also discovered that in my pile of recently acquired bits I had a wood faced climate control trim.
In a different colour again.

My dashboard now looks like the timber pile at B&Q :)

Kennyeth 1st April 2016 11:22

Yesterday.
Fit a aerial cable behind dash and naffed up my IPK in the process :duh:
Ken.

marinabrian 1st April 2016 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2255508)
Yesterday.
Fit a aerial cable behind dash and naffed up my IPK in the process :duh:
Ken.

:rofl:

Never mind I'm sure you'll fix it ;)

KRISTLEE 1st April 2016 14:54

Came off nights at midday with the intention of painting my calipers but it was looking rather gloomy and dull outside as if the heavens were about to open up (maybe it's just the standard look of the sky in Middlesbrough :shrug:)...anyway I thought it's best just incase to check my plenum and I can report it's still bone dry in there and the drain tube is totally clear.

My headlights look as if they are hiding/ducking down behind the cowling so I also tried to adjust them using the allen key screws but they didn't move :shrug:

Kennyeth 1st April 2016 14:59

Took my IPK out again and checked pins, all were good.
Took extra care plugging back in and when done turned on ignition,
faulty readings were there and about a second later lights went out and came back on as normal.
Ken.