The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

gazcaz 6th November 2016 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMc (Post 2393387)
Already done most of that thanks; I'm not new to ZTs, just not had one for a while ;)

• Plenums already sorted
  • Shannon tube not an issue as I've sorted a cold air system of sorts with a direct feed (but away from water ingress)
  • Pollen filter waiting to be fitted
  • Handbrake works very well currently; so not sure if it's already been fettled, but will look to sort the modded compensator further down the line
  • Catch tank; never had issues before so will leave it for now

Okay :getmecoat:

marinabrian 6th November 2016 11:26

Filled the ZT up........£70 :eek:, removed the firework fallout remnants from the roof, and marvelled at how the rain washed off the lovely salty finish :drool4:

Took the dog for a walk and now enjoying a cup of coffee :drool4:

Brian :D

p2roverman 6th November 2016 21:59

Put a battery charger on it! Had done some short night journeys of late and also had to move it about a few times while using the other 75 to tow cars out of the barn (the second 75 failed, but that's mentioned in another post) but hardly expected the battery to not have enough charge to start it.

No other issues but must find out why the ABS light is now on permanently.

rathlindri 7th November 2016 18:46

Put my ZT CDTi in to my local garage today for it's annual oil and filter change and check over pre MOT test which is looming on Saturday. Everything is in good order and only some adjustment required to the handbrake. Last year nothing was needed either. Cost £140. My annual mileage is 12-11k miles and the odometer has just passed 106k miles. I'm getting an average of 48mpg. The car is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. Everything works like it should. I guess it is worth approx £1,500 now, about the same as this time last year! My mechanic reckons it will start appreciating in value soon......Cheap motoring or what??

I really don't know what I will replace it with when the time inevitably comes....

CimmaronG 9th November 2016 20:19

Put winter wheels on, with the winter tyres.

GordyB 9th November 2016 20:53

New wiper blades and new vauxhall boost solenoid on the ZT-T and now no overboost and violent fuel cut off :D

Also trial wired new Chinese double din HU and checked sat nav worked on it.

Davey1991 10th November 2016 09:28

Early morning oil change, smooth silence. New wipers and all is good.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

roverbarmy 10th November 2016 09:58

Changed one of my 2 year old Tesco wiper blades for another one. £4
Tight NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-!
:D

Steve42 10th November 2016 11:59

changed wheels

Went to change my crowns wheels for my union wheels on my old v6 .
First wheel will not come off the car .
Even put a jack behind the wheel still will not move.
so what did I do with my car today .
I failed. That's what I did

Coups 10th November 2016 17:52

What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve42 (Post 2396192)
Went to change my crowns wheels for my union wheels on my old v6 .

First wheel will not come off the car .

Even put a jack behind the wheel still will not move.

so what did I do with my car today .

I failed. That's what I did

Steve, easy fix this one. Loosen your wheel nuts on the 'stuck' wheel. Just a turn or less. Then drive slowly and gently while turning the steering wheel. You should hear a 'crack' as it brakes free. Might only take a few feet of travel to free it. It will not cause damage to the wheel or hub.

Easy peasy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk