The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

DMGRS 27th May 2014 19:38

Found another rattle today - and spent a good hour fruitlessly hunting it down. :D

Dorset Bob 27th May 2014 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMan (Post 1689253)
Thanks Bob....

Also, no biggie if you can't manage... ;)

See you soon. :}

I have got a battery ordered up. It should be here Thursday, so it will be fine for Lulworth. :}

My speed readout is a big zero, at the moment, as the car is off the road with two broken road springs. :mad:

rathlindri 28th May 2014 17:08

Today I fitted a pair of Lassa Phenoma 225 45 18 tyres to the front of my ZT to compliment the pair that I already had fitted recently on the rear. These replaced a set of Kumho K39's which frankly I wasn't that impressed with.
The Lassa's are made by Bridgestone and come very highly recommended. The car feels transformed , very pleased. The best bit? £156 for the pair all in including balancing VAT valves etc.

Also decided to oil all the door, bonnet and boot hinges, all were very dry and in need of some lube...... easy to overlook!

Checked the plenum chamber too... nice and dry.

Feels good to do a few little jobs like that.

Huey 28th May 2014 18:26

Had Quickfit mobile call today to fit and balance 3 Roadstone 195/65H15SU4 tyres. One was fitted to the alloy wheel I bought from ebay to replace the 'space saver' wheel. The other two were replacements for the well worn rear tyres. The fitter went out of his way to be helpful and swapped the wheels round so that my new ones ended up on the front. Brilliant service - -will use them again. :}
The very pleasant gentleman in question informed me that many moons ago he used to work for Mg Rover and that I was the third 75 he had re-shod today!
:D

Yella Fella 28th May 2014 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by rathlindri (Post 1690106)
Today I fitted a pair of Lassa Phenoma 225 45 18 tyres to the front of my ZT to compliment the pair that I already had fitted recently on the rear. These replaced a set of Kumho K39's which frankly I wasn't that impressed with.
The Lassa's are made by Bridgestone and come very highly recommended. The car feels transformed , very pleased. The best bit? £156 for the pair all in including balancing VAT valves etc.

Also decided to oil all the door, bonnet and boot hinges, all were very dry and in need of some lube...... easy to overlook!

Checked the plenum chamber too... nice and dry.

Feels good to do a few little jobs like that.

I have those tyres X 4 also. Well pleased with them :}

Huey 29th May 2014 10:32

Took Aslan to the vets this morning. The new tyres behaved very well in the wet.:D

andre372 29th May 2014 20:02

Changed the PCV filter and blocked EGR today.

And what I didn't do with my Rover 75 today: didn't stop the leak...

Jordan Apex 29th May 2014 20:06

Paid for my insurance due in June, £988 not too shabby seeing as it was set at around £2k a week ago :D

pab 29th May 2014 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Apex (Post 1691344)
Paid for my insurance due in June, £988 not too shabby seeing as it was set at around £2k a week ago :D

The joys of being a young man owning a car in your post code area. ;)

Jordan Apex 29th May 2014 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 1691346)
The joys of being a young man owning a car in your post code area. ;)

Yeah but that it is with 2 crashes, one not at fault and one at fault with no other vehicles and no claim made, with no ncb :) can't expect the world, especially when some of the chaps around your age are paying £400!