The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Prescription Charges (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=314766)

IGH 17th August 2021 09:45

Prescription Charges

Morning
Anyone seen the latest bright idea from the government?
There's a consultation going on to 'align' the dates for free prescription charges to the state retirement age.
There is no promise not to apply it retrospectively to those already over 60.
Apart from impacting on everyone it seems really unfair to women who have already (in my wife's case) been forced to wait an extra seven years to collect their state pension after the last 'realignment' exercise.
Other than that, the one bright spot in my life is that that still love my 75!!!
Cheers

macafee2 17th August 2021 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGH (Post 2896097)
Morning
Anyone seen the latest bright idea from the government?
There's a consultation going on to 'align' the dates for free prescription charges to the state retirement age.
There is no promise not to apply it retrospectively to those already over 60.
Apart from impacting on everyone it seems really unfair to women who have already (in my wife's case) been forced to wait an extra seven years to collect their state pension after the last 'realignment' exercise.
Other than that, the one bright spot in my life is that that still love my 75!!!
Cheers

wow hang on, unfair to women, women wanted equality and when it came to pension age, they got it, lol

I can see it as money saving but in the last 20 months the government have spent a fortune, money has to be saved or gained from somewhere. I don't think I'm bothered as I pay now so it is different to having something for free and then having to pay for it.

working until 67, for some that may be fine but personally I think that is too old, not many years until you are sitting in the rocking chair waiting to push up daises.

macafee2

Reebs 17th August 2021 10:15

Thread moved to the social forum.

steve-45 17th August 2021 11:52

Perhaps they should align prescription charges with those in Scotland?

Free ! ! !

Simondi 17th August 2021 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-45 (Post 2896120)

Free ! ! !

Yes, it makes a massive difference to those on low incomes, especially those who have serious and long lasting medical conditions

Rogue 17th August 2021 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2896127)
Yes, it makes a massive difference to those on low incomes, especially those who have serious and long lasting medical conditions

Those with most chronic illnesses already get their prescriptions free.

steve-45 17th August 2021 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 2896131)

My ex has MS which is not classed as a chronic illness and had to pay for regular prescriptions until she reached 60.

Simondi 17th August 2021 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-45 (Post 2896145)
My ex has MS which is not classed as a chronic illness and had to pay for regular prescriptions until she reached 60.

Yeah, free prescriptions means that people like your ex are not penalised for having an illness

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 2896131)

That's good to know but free prescriptions helps those who need medication but don't classify as chronic and indeed those who although not a chronic illness but don't have the spare cash to cover prescription costs

Darcydog 17th August 2021 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2896147)
Yeah, free prescriptions means that people like your ex are not penalised for having an illness

That's good to know but free prescriptions helps those who need medication but don't classify as chronic and indeed those who although not a chronic illness but don't have the spare cash to cover prescription costs

From Holyrood.com

”Excluding temporary COVID-19 funding, the Scottish Government has over £1.30 per person to spend on public services this year for every £1 of spending per person on comparable services in England.

As an Englishman - Scottish Independence cannot come soon enough.

Perhaps then our low income families and individuals who suffer illness and have to pay for prescription can get a fairer bite of the Cherry.

Lovel 17th August 2021 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-45 (Post 2896120)

Free ! ! !

Free?

I pay more tax up here.