The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Photography Corner (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Advice and Critique corner (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=174918)

coolcat 31st July 2020 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2828245)
Fair enough Jeff :} One of the photos I posted up on a photography forum, showed a lioness drinking from a puddle of water in a field of grass. Someone in the photography forum was quite critical of the photo, saying it was rubbish and in editing I should have created more field to the left of the lionesses, through clone and stamp - making the photo much wider. I did not oblige as I didn’t really understand how to do it in an undetectable way. I thanked the guy for his brilliant comment.

I had a similar remark from someone else, who felt layering was cheating. I had a laugh, as later on he was using a layer to replace a bland sky. He didn’t do it very well and on top of that, he oversaturated the sky with too much blue, unattractive. I didn’t say anything as I didn’t want to destroy his post.

It can work, if it’s carefully done :}

Your a professional photographer Jeff and I really value your opinion :}

It can indeed work very well, it's just not what I would call photography. It is however very much art in itself:}
Me is a tog though and it's not something I choose to do.
I'm of the get it right in camera. Use editing to bring out the best in the photo but not put in what wasn't there ;)

Gate Keeper 31st July 2020 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2828246)
It can indeed work very well, it's just not what I would call photography. It is however very much art in itself:}
Me is a tog though and it's not something I choose to do.
I'm of the get it right in camera. Use editing to bring out the best in the photo but not put in what wasn't there ;)

Cheers Jeff, that day you introduced me to the BTCC with Derek, I noticed how in between shots, you reviewed as you went along, the photos to keep and the photos to delete. Clearly, this flow works for you, what discipline :}

SD card?

Do you take on a shoot, one with a large memory or do you have several smaller ones on the go? I think your camera takes 2 cards.

For my dash cam, I have two 32GB and one 128GB (for a long road trip in HD/4K).

I had another 32GB SD card, but the data corrupted and I could not prove to the police I was not speeding. One of those awkward moments getting pulled over.

Do the cards eventually wear out?

coolcat 31st July 2020 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2828262)
Cheers Jeff, that day you introduced me to the BTCC with Derek, I noticed how in between shots, you reviewed as you went along, the photos to keep and the photos to delete. Clearly, this flow works for you, what discipline :}

SD card?

Do you take on a shoot, one with a large memory or do you have several smaller ones on the go? I think your camera takes 2 cards.

For my dash cam, I have two 32GB and one 128GB (for a long road trip in HD/4K).

I had another 32GB SD card, but the data corrupted and I could not prove to the police I was not speeding. One of those awkward moments getting pulled over.

Do the cards eventually wear out?

Hi Phil,

I use Sandisk UDMA 32GB Compact Flash cards. Both slots used and I set the camera up to copy the same files to both cards at the same time. Should one card fail then I should have the same images on the other card.
I will add (whilst touching wood) I have never yet had a card failure.

At a motorsport event I usually take a total of six cards which should cover both the Saturday and Sunday action:}