The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   How many to change a bulb? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311322)

Simondi 26th February 2021 11:08

How many to change a bulb?

3 Attachment(s)
How many Scotsmen does it take to change a bulb?
No idea at the moment.

Does anyone know how to change the bulb in a fitting like this?
I cannot see a clip, and the bulb seems to be in a housing:shrug:

wraymond 26th February 2021 11:43

Similar to mine. The part of the holder that goes inside the receiving aperture has two receptor cut-outs into which a protruding nib will slot. The holder body is then twisted to engage. At least mine is. The bulb is a two pin halogen push- in which you don't handle with fingers, a leaf of kitchen paper as a shield does the trick.

another_clean_sheet 26th February 2021 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2867631)
No idea at the moment.

Some of mine are like this and they are a pain as you have to partially pull the housing down. If you look behind the large outer annular ring you will see a slightly smaller ring. It is not obvious because they look like one. A very fine screw driver is useful to start seperating them until you can get your finger nail in.

The rest of mine are like Wraymond which are real easy to change.

Simondi 26th February 2021 12:41

Thanks guys, it was really starting to frustrate me

Roverlike 26th February 2021 13:27

I see that all of the above is saying into direction of change of HALOGEN bulb, which would be the same as mine.

However, on the pictures shown I see LED light, in which case I am affraid change of complete light is in order since I do not think you can change only bulb on these.

Simondi 26th February 2021 13:37

That was what I was starting to think, it seems to be one full unit, no obvious inner/ outer ring.

Oh, well back to the drawing board:}

WillyHeckaslike 26th February 2021 15:50

As many gardeners as it takes but only one electrician to change a filament. :getmecoat:

:smilie_re: A bit like a conversation with an ATC type person which I once had. Four is a number as is zero, unlike O which is a vowel and a letter in the English alphabet. Easy for them to be confused over the airwaves if intermixed in a transmission. :getmecoat:

Heddy 26th February 2021 17:56

Looking at the pics you're almost there. The chrome outer ring normally twists/screws off. The bulb appears to be a push and turn, (a GU 10?) there is a rubber sucker you can buy for pennies, push it onto the bulb and twist it out. Hope I'm not missing anything from the pics. Thinking about it, just stick the changing sucker on the bulb and twist, leave the fitting in place.

Lancpudn 26th February 2021 18:08

LOL Reminds me of fixing a new light fitting in Grandads house many years ago, When I'd finished fitting it he said very good, how many bulbs are in that thing, I said five, he said take four of em out :eek::D

Saga Lout 26th February 2021 19:22

And...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2867631)
No idea at the moment.

A marigold glove for grip, push against the bulb and twist it anti clockwise, replace it with a new LED version to save lots of money. The chrome ring is not part of the problem, it's just the grip on the bulb in the holder.