The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Posts (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=273866)

Vanbursta 28th September 2017 09:09

Is it me or are there less post's being put up each day, I used to spend an hour or so catching up every day, as there would be many new posts daily. Now the same posts are there several days in a row (very few new ones)

roverbarmy 28th September 2017 09:36

I totally agree. I recently retired, so have more time but see even less to read on here.:shrug:

coolcat 28th September 2017 10:59

I'm guessing as there are less of our cars on the road there will be less peeps posting about them or requiring assistance;)

humphshumphs 28th September 2017 11:42

But is it just a case of life gets in the way and people are busy with other things??

Good (hahaha) weather, holidays etc., will always mean that the forum slows down a bit.

genpk 28th September 2017 13:00

There's still a few die hards that are regulars but in reality like all older cars some people move on to other brands which they don't feel as passionate about, life gets busy, facebook etc , the number of cars reduce etc so posts will reduce as time goes on.
Over my part of the world I'm lucky to see a 75 a month.
I know of only one other diesel owner other than me (he has an imaculate mk2
in Royal blue)
There are a few passionate guys over here buying up any cheap 75s that come on the market but in reality as time passes it will be interesting to see how forums like this will fare.
A new generation may not value old cars as we all do !!

TomRS 28th September 2017 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by genpk (Post 2545583)
There's still a few die hards that are regulars but in reality like all older cars some people move on to other brands which they don't feel as passionate about, life gets busy, facebook etc , the number of cars reduce etc so posts will reduce as time goes on.
Over my part of the world I'm lucky to see a 75 a month.
I know of only one other diesel owner other than me (he has an imaculate mk2
in Royal blue)
There are a few passionate guys over here buying up any cheap 75s that come on the market but in reality as time passes it will be interesting to see how forums like this will fare.
A new generation may not value old cars as we all do !!

Its a huge shame that the younger generation do not even know the name Rover...
Cars are too easy to buy, PCP, Lease... Hire purchase etc etc, when you can a brand new car for £200 a month why not?
Thats whats killing older cars, amongst other things but that is a big part.

Weso 28th September 2017 13:44

Yes, very slow at the moment,

I am in-between jobs at the minute, previously a couple of years ago in similar circumstances this forum would maintain my interest even daytime.

So many have moved on, past on (sadly) or many of the earlier crowd banned.

Face book groups could be the biggest influence on this state of play?:bowdown:

Heddy 28th September 2017 17:37

Don't have time, and not too much merits a comment. More action on F1 sites, e-bay, Facebook, MSN and AOL. Also e-mails, online banking/utilities to keep a check on. I guess I've never been an 'enthusiast', but the interest does wane over time. Great to know the forum is still here for reference though.

Mickyboy 28th September 2017 18:40

It definitely seems the case from the amount of posts, that they are reducing, also as previously said Facebook and suchlike may have an impact.

But me personally I don't get involved with Facebook people can upload innocent pictures and get stupid responses.

From time to time I view my wife's account with her and I've seen the responses that people get. I mean the other day I saw a innocent picture of a guy standing next to his wife holding a screwdriver in front of the car and somebody commented, and put "are you going to screw the car or the wife"?

However from a sales point of view, as I sell items in the club I can say in the last six months there has been quite a downturn in sales so I'm presuming that as less people are posting and viewing, less items are selling.
Mick

lady zed 28th September 2017 18:43

A lot of big contributers are also banned.