The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

RugbyRover 12th November 2016 15:43

Pair of rear tyres......

JoeMc 12th November 2016 15:59

Had my Dunlop winter tyres fitted this morning and all wheels re-balanced obviously.

Got home and the wheels came off again, tyres masked up, alloys rubbed down with coarse and medium scotch pads, pre-paint wiped and then given a few coats of rattle can Vauxhall Sparkle Silver paint (Halfords rattle cans) to freshen them up. They were very tatty and curbed, they look a lot better now! Certainly not perfect, but much cleaner and fresh looking :cool:

All refitted with new black wheel bolts :)

It'll get a decent deep-clean snow foam and wash tomorrow & hopefully a good wax to give it a fighting chance over the winter!

gazcaz 13th November 2016 14:03

3 Attachment(s)
Actually a BMW what a pain to replace the oil sensor and fully serviced it all because we love our neighbours :duh:

keithst24 13th November 2016 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2398208)
Actually a BMW what a pain to replace the oil sensor and fully serviced it all because we love our neighbours :duh:

What a nice neighbour you are.......fancy moving to Reigate :getmecoat: :D

humptynumpty 13th November 2016 15:01

oil sensor isnt that bad to change really bud nor was bearings or front arms, suspension, steering rack lmao in fact i rather work on bmw sometimes than the rover

gazcaz 13th November 2016 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by humptynumpty (Post 2398243)
oil sensor isnt that bad to change really bud nor was bearings or front arms, suspension, steering rack lmao in fact i rather work on bmw sometimes than the rover

No its only held in with 3 x 10mm bolts its stripping the underneath apart to get to it that took the time and im guessing the rear sub frame looking thing as in pic, was held on by 8 x 10mm bolts, cracker bar was required....:D

Jordan Apex 13th November 2016 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2398273)
No its only held in with 3 x 10mm bolts its stripping the underneath apart to get to it that took the time and im guessing the rear sub frame looking thing as in pic, was held on by 8 x 10mm bolts, cracker bar was required....:D

Done that job on mine, that metal plate is for rigidity, the bolts holding it in are supposed to be replaced once they've been undone (just saying, I didn't do it on mine)

gazcaz 13th November 2016 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Apex (Post 2398318)
Done that job on mine, that metal plate is for rigidity, the bolts holding it in are supposed to be replaced once they've been undone (just saying, I didn't do it on mine)

No nor did eye but the were cracker bared back on with a little medium thread lock :D

andre372 13th November 2016 23:38

4 Attachment(s)
Fitted a leather memory seat :D

7T5 14th November 2016 08:40

1 Attachment(s)
Took my 75 home Saturday evening. It needs a clean as i drove 300 odd miles.