The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Silly Sunday question (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316802)

RoryRover 12th December 2021 10:40

Silly Sunday question

Why does the rear window heater switch itself on every time I start the car?

I am now personally programmed to switch it off as soon as I get going, but as soon as I stop and restart it comes straight back on!

I have had my CDTI 2004 Cony tourer for over 10 years now and never thought to ask before?

BillyMG 12th December 2021 10:55

I think it's temperature dependent and can't be disabled mate I was wondering the same a while back

Reebs 12th December 2021 11:09

It comes on automatically when the outside temperature is below 10 degrees Celsius. It can’t be disabled by the user or via the dealer T4 system, but it can be apparently using TOAF. However it will be reset back the next time the car has a T4 session where the ZCS codes need to be rewritten, for example to change dealer options etc.

COLVERT 13th December 2021 10:23

That screen heater coming on and the stupidly placed horn buttons both really irritate me.--Luckily the rest of the car compensates for that.----:icon_lol:

PS. Those horn buttons.---I've turned the corner and run over the Jay Walker before I've found the horn buttons thirty yards down the road to warn him I'm there.---

xsport 13th December 2021 12:06

i agree with your comments about the horn buttons mr colvert. your not wrong there . :icon_lol:

MSS 13th December 2021 14:01

It stops people being horn-happy and using it needlessly. No one takes any notice these days anyway. :icon_rolleyes:
So I would say a lot of thought went into placement of the horn buttons.

mileshawk56 13th December 2021 16:07

Ah Horns- there is a subject close to my heart-when I started on motorised two wheel transport two things became very obvious, 1. the horns on motor bikes/scooters were inadequate. 2. your likely nemesis was the Hillman Minx driven by a male wearing a flat cap and smoking a pipe. They never looked right ot left at T junctions. Now the advice in the Highway code was horns were only to be used in an emergency. Surely if you could avoid a emergency by using you horn?maybe maybe not. You will gather Im the man who sounds his horn on the approach side of the blind bend - just in case. Not every time and sure as eggs is eggs the occasions I fail to do some pillock is coming round the bend like ???? So I find the MGRover horn position ok for me and my peace of mind. I dont know what the official ruling on horns is in France, can you help Colvert? Chris S.

COLVERT 13th December 2021 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2912140)
It stops people being horn-happy and using it needlessly. No one takes any notice these days anyway. :icon_rolleyes:
So I would say a lot of thought went into placement of the horn buttons.

Ha !!!!!!

You can't even use them in need.----:snowball:

Your forte is being a bit of a wind up merchant of which there is a glimpse into quite a lot of your replies to other members.

:pillow::sissy::target:

MSS 13th December 2021 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2912201)

Your forte is being a bit of a wind up merchant of which there is a glimpse into quite a lot of your replies to other members.

:pillow::sissy::target:

Moi - I can't say I know what you mean! :snowball1:

hogweed 15th December 2021 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mileshawk56 (Post 2912157)
when I started on motorised two wheel transport two things became very obvious, 1. the horns on motor bikes/scooters were inadequate. 2. your likely nemesis was the Hillman Minx driven by a male wearing a flat cap and smoking a pipe.

And 3. Bikes (if, as I suspect, you started riding round about the same time as me) weren't fitted with brakes as standard :shocked:

PS yes you can switch the incredibly irritating auto rear screen heater off easily with TOAF :D