The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dilema what to do.? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301191)

Rev Jules 30th November 2019 20:13

Dilema what to do.?

About two years ago I gave my son a 51 plate Diesel, Stainless Exhaust, Walnut dash, DD unit, Walnut hand brake, Walnut steering wheel, ect! thing is he has decided to buy a 06 Mondeo.
He informed me he no longer needed the Rover and I could have it back and park it round my house, got it today broken nearside front spring, offside rear window dropped down, and the inside like a tip empty cigarette packets, don’t know what’s best, try and sell as is, or take the best bits out and sell, I am not a happy bunny with the state it is in and not in the mood to spend money on it.
The only good thing on it Has a sound engine.

Rev. :devil::devil::devil:

trikey 30th November 2019 20:21

Take the good bits off mate, Jnorris wants a walnut handbrake grip!

marinabrian 30th November 2019 20:24

Yeah, scrap it off your Revship, the ashtray must be full with empty fag packets inside :eek:

Brian :D

Rev Jules 30th November 2019 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2778999)
Take the good bits off mate, Jnorris wants a walnut handbrake grip!

Cheers Andy, hand brake I think Actros wants it.

Rev.

macafee2 30th November 2019 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2779002)

Rev.

so do many others I should think, me being one of them. :)

macafee2

macafee2 30th November 2019 20:43

If the car is basically good, try to sell it as a going concern, if no takers then, as hard as it may be, break it

macafee2

bl52krz 30th November 2019 21:11

Hi Jules. Sounds as though he was very grateful that you gave him the car? From what you describe, it does not have to much wrong with it? How is the general bodywork? The dropped window is , as you know, not to bad a job to do. They have been done at the Four Ashes Nano Meet in a couple of hours. I would imagine that the worst bit is the stink from smoking( fag packets inside). You could easily sell the steering wheel and handbrake. Tyres any good? Upholstery?

Robson Rover Repair 30th November 2019 21:30

Take a few bits off, fix the spring and sell it on or if you have space keep it for the future as a 2nd 75.

Comfortably Numb 30th November 2019 23:09

Springs break all the time on these, and a rear window can be jammed shut for the time being - it's not as inconvenient as a front one. It'll be a lot nicer once cleaned out. Does it still have an MoT? I lent my old, redundant Audi, with 9months MoT to my son-in-law. He returned it to me 2 days before the MoT expiry date, with an MoT fail certificate listing 2 tyres, defective wiper, badly scratched windscreen and worn rear suspension bushes. The windscreen particularly annoyed me, as it had been renewed only a year previously, and for the cost of a new wiper (or asking me if I had one, which I did,) it would not have failed an MoT. As it was, I couldn't even get it replaced on the windscreen cover for £65 excess, as he cancelled it the day he returned the car. I scrapped it, engine still running beautifully with 250,000 miles.

marinabrian 1st December 2019 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2779002)

Rev.

As a Christmas gift to a special person perhaps ;)

Brian :D