The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Drivers side middle dash vent (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=161072)

chas_1 8th October 2013 18:04

Drivers side middle dash vent

Right boobed big time I have managed to snap one of the blades on my drivers side middle dash vent trying to get a cheap phone holder off :getmecoat:its one of the blades running left to right across the width of the vent.Please tell me I can replace the blade not have to take the dash apart and fit a replacement vent.If I can snap a vent blade I can only imagine the carnage I will cause taking dash apart.HELP.

Regards

Chas

Cockaa 8th October 2013 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by chas_1 (Post 1444661)
Right boobed big time I have managed to snap one of the blades on my drivers side middle dash vent trying to get a cheap phone holder off :getmecoat:its one of the blades running left to right across the width of the vent.Please tell me I can replace the blade not have to take the dash apart and fit a replacement vent.If I can snap a vent blade I can only imagine the carnage I will cause taking dash apart.HELP.

Regards

Chas

As far as i know pal you will have to change the whole vent, easy enough job once the dash fascia has been removed ;)

chas_1 8th October 2013 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockaa (Post 1444668)
As far as i know pal you will have to change the whole vent, easy enough job once the dash fascia has been removed ;)

ok so how hard is taking the dash apart???

Cockaa 8th October 2013 18:14

Fairly easy if you take your time, just prize the panel from under the drivers side air vent near the door from the bottom edge & the rest will gently come away from the dashboard, you will need to disconnect the cable to the middle slider wheel to remove it completely to change the vent over as it is screwed on the back of the fascia. Easy enough job if you look at it as you are easy it away.
You have a pm by the way matey ;)

chas_1 8th October 2013 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockaa (Post 1444682)
Fairly easy if you take your time, just prize the panel from under the drivers side air vent near the door from the bottom edge & the rest will gently come away from the dashboard, you will need to disconnect the cable to the middle slider wheel to remove it completely to change the vent over as it is screwed on the back of the fascia. Easy enough job if you look at it as you are easy it away.
You have a pm by the way matey ;)

Yea thanks for the message if it aint gone by Monday I will ave it fella Paypal ok?? Right as I understand it then you just lever away from door vent ok will give it a whiz on Sat.

Cheers
Chas