The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What spares to get to have on hand? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295970)

slovcan 22nd May 2019 21:13

What spares to get to have on hand?

Hi folks,

Well, I just found out today that a cousin there who buys and parts out RHD cars that can no longer be driven due to paperwork has a 2005 Rover 75 that he is now parting. My friend has already asked for the main door switch cluster. I probably won't need that anytime soon, but it has been asked for. What would you all think I should ask for to keep on hand for the future? I have room to store quite a lot of stuff (if it fits on a shelf, for example), but can't keep a whole car.

Considering the possible need for a passenger door (right side) lock actuator (does that one also control the rear door and tailgate?), I think that would be worth saving. Then there is the U/S fuel gauge. I should ask for the in tank fuel pump and fuel gauge sender, right? Rear subframe and upper arms, I guess, too?

What about the ECU? Brian, if I send you an ECU from a different car with that car's VIN and my car's VIN, can you make it so I can just swap it into my car?

Thank you all,
Glenn

jonc3725 22nd May 2019 21:20

Ask him to break it to component parts put in a sea crate and get the lot across the pond. I would even cut the sills off the chassis for future use.

slovcan 22nd May 2019 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonc3725 (Post 2735433)
Ask him to break it to component parts put in a sea crate and get the lot across the pond. I would even cut the sills off the chassis for future use.

:D Somehow I think the soup would cost more than the meat! Hungarian saying - something may have been lost in the translation. :D

FLYING BANANA 22nd May 2019 21:31

Grab whatever spares you can. Even the bits you might not need, but handy for swapping in exchange for what you might want.

hogweed 23rd May 2019 08:32

Diesel cooler handy (in front of rear o/s wheel)

trikey 23rd May 2019 10:14

Rear upper suspension arms are a must save if they are in good condition.

macafee2 23rd May 2019 16:58

"any moving parts"
starter motor, doors, boot, bonnet, bumpers, alternator, suspension, front hubs
seat motors, FBH, if your car is RHD..steering rack, lights, radiators, switches

macafee2

slovcan 25th May 2019 13:57

Here is a bit more info. His car is a 2003 ZT sedan - MK1. I guess that rules out the rear subframe and in tank fuel pump. What about the rear upper arms and the fuel level sender unit - will they be the same? Would the ECU be any use to me?

Thanks,
Glenn

Dallas 25th May 2019 17:06

Apart from the obvious which has been mentioned already, you could also ask for the large radiator fan, cowling and loom. The two bonnet catches including cable/junction box and the interior pull handle. If its a petrol then grab the VIS motors and inlet manifold, also the throttle body. Front and rear lights etc...

The list is endless, you will end up with the whole car. ;)

marinabrian 25th May 2019 17:34

The subframe and upper rear arms are the same, the ECM isn't though Glenn.

It depends upon what you want to keep, and how much space you have to play with storing bulky items.

Brian :D