The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Quick question or two (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319646)

Mike Trident 17th June 2022 00:16

Quick question or two

I removed the rear door cards a couple of day's ago, the door lock pop up button came out on one side. Does it just hook back on? I can feel what it connects to, and I can reconnect it, but is there something to actually hold it in place or does the door card hold it in the correct position when it is reattached?

Secondly, where is my tweeters? All this time I actually assumed it had tweeters because it "looks" like it has them. No, not actually fitted, I'm gutted lol

macafee2 17th June 2022 08:29

the pop up rod pushes into a plastic insert that is in the lock, i think only friction and how it is positioned keep it in place

macafee2

suzublu 17th June 2022 08:46

No tweeters in the back unless, I think, Harmon kardon is fitted

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

stocktake 17th June 2022 09:11

Hi Mike, it is the doorcard that holds it in place and its fun trying to get it through the hole when refitting the doorcard.
My launch model has tweeters front and rear, maybe project drive? :shrug:

SD1too 17th June 2022 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2935898)
No tweeters in the back unless, I think, Harman Kardon is fitted

:clap:
Well done Ron! :bowdown:

Mike; I happen to have a 2004 specification brochure and Harman Kardon (with rear tweeters) was standard only on Contemporary SE trim and unavailable as an option on the other trim levels.

But there's no need to be gutted. Unless you have musicians, sound recording engineers or hi-fi enthusiasts regularly occupying the back seats, it's not going to make any difference as high frequencies are highly directional. :}

Simon

BRG75 17th June 2022 09:43

In response to your tweeter question, my understanding is as follows:-

Base radio is Harmony, without rear door tweeters.

1st Audio upgrade (a) is to Symphony, without rear door tweeters. Part No. VUX 100030

1st Audio upgrade (b) is speaker enhancement, rear door tweeters. Part No. XQN 100280

2nd Audio upgrade is to Symphony + Harmon / Kardon, without rear tweeters.

Rear door tweeters could then be ordered, as per XQN 100280 (above)

All of this is extracted from early brochures and RAVE.

It may be different for later vehicles.

Regards

Mike

Mike Trident 17th June 2022 21:36

Thanks guys

So are you saying, I should have tweeters at the front.

Hey well, I even have extra walnut trims around an "hole" lol

Tracker 17th June 2022 21:49

Even if no rear tweeters fitted, is the wiring and plugs for them present?

Mike Trident 17th June 2022 23:28

I didn't get that far, I was gutted lol

BRG75 18th June 2022 07:21

In reply to posts 7 & 8.

Front tweeters were standard on all models.

Rear tweeters (if ordered via a dealer) came with a short "wiring harness"

In reality, they simply piggy back onto the main speaker, for whichever door you are working on.

I'm told that the front tweeters are identical to the rear tweeters, and don't doubt it.

Harmon Kardon tweeters have a label to identify them, but I don't know what the difference between them and standard ones are.

Regards

Mike