The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spending a day making friends (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319034)

NewDoc 8th May 2022 07:57

Spending a day making friends

We had the pleasure of spending the day with Macafee2 and his family on Saturday. Having reached out to the forum for a tow bar he kindly responded that he had one so of we went, my missus and me, to his place to get said tow bar. On arrival we were greeted warmly and after a cup of tea we set to removing it from the donor car. It didn't want to give it up easily and fought us on virtually every bolt but we persisted and got the blessed thing off. We had a fun time cussing and joking and got mucky hands playing with a Rover 75, we made new friends and all in all had a great day. This is what the forum is about, having fun, making friends and keeping these cantankerous but wonderful cars on the road.

MSS 8th May 2022 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewDoc (Post 2931199)
We had the pleasure of spending the day with Macafee2 and his family on Saturday. Having reached out to the forum for a tow bar he kindly responded that he had one so of we went, my missus and me, to his place to get said tow bar. On arrival we were greeted warmly and after a cup of tea we set to removing it from the donor car. It didn't want to give it up easily and fought us on virtually every bolt but we persisted and got the blessed thing off. We had a fun time cussing and joking and got mucky hands playing with a Rover 75, we made new friends and all in all had a great day. This is what the forum is about, having fun, making friends and keeping these cantankerous but wonderful cars on the road.

There is a school of thought which says that fun and friends are for the weak. Real men do not long for or enjoy such excesses!

You've just reminded me as to why I never attend club meets. All those helpful, friendly people would be just too much.

Cantankerous cars deserve cantankerous owners! :D:D:D

macafee2 8th May 2022 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2931201)
There is a school of thought which says that fun and friends are for the weak. Real men do not long for or enjoy such excesses!

You've just reminded me as to why I never attend club meets. All those helpful, friendly people would be just too much.

Cantankerous cars deserve cantankerous owners! :D:D:D

I am not cantankerous, just grumpy :)
macafee2

macafee2 8th May 2022 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewDoc (Post 2931199)

Dave, it was good to meet you and your wife, what a women to get her hands dirty and get involved with removing the tow bar. thank you for the charity donation, I am the train of thought "what goes around comes around" so let us help others.

A bit more thought on my part and I would have used penetrating oil in the days leading up to you visiting and the bolts may have come undone easier. It just never occurred to me and that two bar kicked and screamed all the way off.
Once you went I had to cook keema nan and a chicken curry for us all, followed by watching the Liverpool match

good luck fitting the tow bar.

Ian

MSS 8th May 2022 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2931206)
I am not cantankerous, just grumpy :)
macafee2

I have to confess that your willingness to help others and your generosity are mind blowing.

macafee2 8th May 2022 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2931230)
I have to confess that your willingness to help others and your generosity are mind blowing.

Is that good mind blowing or bad mind blowing?:D
There are many better members then me on this forum.

macafee2

NewDoc 10th May 2022 09:42

I think, before this turns into a mutual appreciation club, that if we all helped each other just a little bit the world would be a nicer place to live #it's good to talk.
:D:D:D:D:bowdown:

MSS 10th May 2022 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewDoc (Post 2931447)
I think, before this turns into a mutual appreciation club, that if we all helped each other just a little bit the world would be a nicer place to live #it's good to talk.
:D:D:D:D:bowdown:

I agree. Every man should aim to leave the world a slightly better place.

Hang on, this is sounding like agreement and perhaps even mutual appreciation! :eek:

FLYING BANANA 10th May 2022 15:19

I’ve made loads of friends through being a member on this forum. And it’s through these friends I now live in Cornwall. On the negative side I have made a few not so good friends, especially when I joined the Green team.

But that’s what the club is all about helping one and other out. Lots of good people on here who are happy to give up time to help out whether it’s with physical work, verbal advice or sending spares free of charge.

polinsteve 12th May 2022 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2931471)
I’ve made loads of friends through being a member on this forum. And it’s through these friends I now live in Cornwall. On the negative side I have made a few not so good friends, especially when I joined the Green team.

But that’s what the club is all about helping one and other out. Lots of good people on here who are happy to give up time to help out whether it’s with physical work, verbal advice or sending spares free of charge.

When I had my S and X types I joined 2 Jaguar fora. The knowledge and assistance was virtually non-existent. Not a patch on this one.