The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   JLR to post record losses (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295869)

Yorkshire GOC 19th May 2019 09:10

JLR to post record losses

Sunday Times reports that JLR will post losses north of 3 billion pounds tomorrow morning - due to collapsing Chinese sales and Brexit uncertainty - also rumours that they may merge with PSA - the French outfit who own Peugeot.

roverbarmy 19th May 2019 16:38

The downhill path started with putting diesel engines into Jags (sounds of Sir William Lyons turning in his grave) and then making SUVs! Grace, space and pace were the order of the day!:shrug: Having looked underneath one of the new ones and seeing how little rust protection there is can only mean one thing! I will not be buying one anytime soon!

Yorkshire GOC 19th May 2019 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2734734)
The downhill path started with putting diesel engines into Jags (sounds of Sir William Lyons turning in his grave) and then making SUVs! Grace, space and pace were the order of the day!:shrug: Having looked underneath one of the new ones and seeing how little rust protection there is can only mean one thing! I will not be buying one anytime soon!

What are they lacking in terms of rust protection - is it all specs?

clf 19th May 2019 19:34

Quote:

I suspect this post would not exist if they didnt use a diesel, nor make SUVs (as much as I hate them). If they didnt move with market trends they would have had to cease long ago. Now they are using electric :eek: :getmecoat:

Sonic ZS 19th May 2019 20:15

Whether you agree or disagree with the new products of a particular company, they are only there to make a profit and that means supplying whatever the market demands at that time and in the foreseeable future - be it diesels, SUV's, EV's, etc.

Considering where the current MG's started from, they are showing a sensible sales increase year-on-year with the new ZS, something that didn't really happen with the original MG6 & Magnette.

The buying public currently seem to want small to medium SUV's - Juke, Ecosport, Crossland X, etc. so as much as MG were never known for this type of vehicle, they are at least building what people want. Maybe if the original MG Rover had done this, history would now be quite different ;)

As for JLR, farmers buying a new Defender every 10 years will never give the profits seen from the current line-up sold on 3 year PCP's.

roverbarmy 19th May 2019 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC (Post 2734747)
What are they lacking in terms of rust protection - is it all specs?

From what I saw, the box sections were only painted in primer and basecoat and when I queried it with sales staff, they said that is how they all come from the factory. :shrug:

Simondi 19th May 2019 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic ZS (Post 2734787)
Whether you agree or disagree with the new products of a particular company, they are only there to make a profit and that means supplying whatever the market demands at that time and in the foreseeable future - be it diesels, SUV's, EV's, etc.

Considering where the current MG's started from, they are showing a sensible sales increase year-on-year with the new ZS, something that didn't really happen with the original MG6 & Magnette.

The buying public currently seem to want small to medium SUV's - Juke, Ecosport, Crossland X, etc. so as much as MG were never known for this type of vehicle, they are at least building what people want. Maybe if the original MG Rover had done this, history would now be quite different ;)

As for JLR, farmers buying a new Defender every 10 years will never give the profits seen from the current line-up sold on 3 year PCP's.

There seems to be a huge number of Jag SUV's around. Have to say I like them, almost as nice as our ZS:getmecoat:

Rickoshea 20th May 2019 09:46

Quote:

Jaguar's top selling models in order are E Pace, F Pace and I Pace - spot a trend here?

Mike Noc 20th May 2019 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2734801)
There seems to be a huge number of Jag SUV's around. Have to say I like them, almost as nice as our ZS:getmecoat:

The combined production totals for Porsche Macan and Cayenne accounted for more than 61% of the company's output in 2018.

The Macan alone sold more than the 911 and Panamera combined.

Mogodon 20th May 2019 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2734789)
From what I saw, the box sections were only painted in primer and basecoat and when I queried it with sales staff, they said that is how they all come from the factory. :shrug:

If its a new company car or you've got it on, or a 3yr no ownership PCP / lease type purchase, which the vast majority of this type of vehicle are, lack of corrosion protection is not your problem 6 or 7 yrs down the line if your handing it back in 3yrs.

If I was PCPing a car where repairs or problems are not my problem, and i dont have to pay for them, I would happily drive a Alpha Romeo etc, but own outright myself, no chance !!!!!!!