The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trip odometer reads "err" (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295379)

Pueblo_Boy 29th April 2019 01:56

Trip odometer reads "err"

My trip mileage is readable when I first turn the key in the ignition; but once I start the car, it reads "ERR". When I stop and check next time I start, it correctly displays the appropriate mileage - until I start her up again.

Any clue as to why, and how to fix?

ricebridge 29th April 2019 06:36

Happens to me too every now and then. Ye Olde Windows Tricke usually helps, i. e. turning off and turning the engine back on again.

Number 6 29th April 2019 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricebridge (Post 2730348)
Happens to me too every now and then. Ye Olde Windows Tricke usually helps, i. e. turning off and turning the engine back on again.

It happens to me as well, apparently, it is a "Glitch" in the system as mentioned turn off and back on again usually do the trick..;)

marinabrian 29th April 2019 07:42

Shouldn't happen on a KMB_04 car as a facelift tourer will be fitted, so it's either had a KMB_02 IPK fitted with the firmware glitch, or it has an IPK originating from another car ;)

Brian :D

Pueblo_Boy 29th April 2019 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2730360)
Shouldn't happen on a KMB_04 car as a facelift tourer will be fitted, so it's either had a KMB_02 IPK fitted with the firmware glitch, or it has an IPK originating from another car ;)

If I knew what that really meant, I might get worried!!

My car is indeed a facelift version, born 21 July 2004 (sold/registered 31 October). I just tried the recommended trick of turning the engine on and off (and on again), but the result was still "Err" where the trip mileage should be shown.

Any other ideas please?

Mike Noc 29th April 2019 12:32

Has the light switch module been replaced?

Pueblo_Boy 29th April 2019 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2730425)
Has the light switch module been replaced?

Honestly, I have no idea...but I do have most of the service history, and nothing mentions the light switch module. Of course, it could have been replaced under warranty I suppose, and not documented...:shrug:

marinabrian 29th April 2019 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy (Post 2730399)
If I knew what that really meant, I might get worried!!

My car is indeed a facelift version, born 21 July 2004 (sold/registered 31 October). I just tried the recommended trick of turning the engine on and off (and on again), but the result was still "Err" where the trip mileage should be shown.

Any other ideas please?

Then there is a VIN mismatch between the speedometer and the light switch.

If you still want your car upgraded, I can fix this issue for you without fuss or drama at the same time ;)

Number 6 29th April 2019 14:16

Sorry I misread the original post.Mine does not show the display and then goes to err.It goes to err straightaway switch off and restart and all is OK:shrug:

Pueblo_Boy 29th April 2019 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2730439)
Then there is a VIN mismatch between the speedometer and the light switch.

If you still want your car upgraded, I can fix this issue for you without fuss or drama at the same time ;)

Excellent news! If I was handy with tools, I would whip out my ECU and post it to you...but how much better to turn up in person and make your acquaintance! I am ready to travel all the way to Geordie land for the upgrade; just tell me when is convenient for you.