The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Faulty retro fit cruise control - diesel (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=89205)

Shabbs 24th July 2011 15:13

Faulty retro fit cruise control - diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor View Post
No you don't need T4 but your retrofit CC but it will not have all the functions like resume. On my retrofit the order is:
1. Turn on master switch
2. Press resume -motorway icon appears in dash
3. Press set -CC operates
4. Keep pressing set -speed increases
5. Press resume CC disingages
6 Press resume again -icon disappears CC totally switched off

Just fitted the cc and have a slight problem. As above 1 & 2 are fine but pressing "set" nothing happens, even pressing continuous nothing? Any ideas?

Appreciated.

Probably more suited to this forum as opposed to the general forum I originally posted to.

RoryRover 24th July 2011 15:31

Hi Shabbs

Almost certainly the problem is the clutch switch.

At the top or the clutch pedal is a switch which disconects the cruise control when the pedal is pressed.

Unfortunately this is fitted in a housing which allows it to move out of contact with the top of the clutch pedal.

Its a swine to get at - but you just need reach up and push it forward to make contact with the top of the clutch pedal lever, and I bet your cruise control starts working.

Good Luck

Shabbs 24th July 2011 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoryRover (Post 769086)
Hi Shabbs

At the top or the clutch pedal is a switch which disconects the cruise control when the pedal is pressed.

Unfortunately this is fitted in a housing which allows it to move out of contact with the top of the clutch pedal.

Its a swine to get at - but you just need reach up and push it forward to make contact with the top of the clutch pedal lever, and I bet your cruise control starts working.

Good Luck

Cheers, I'll go and have alook right now.

Let you know.

Shabbs 24th July 2011 17:11

Had a look but not sure what I'm looking or feeling for, and it is a ****** to get whatever it is.

Shabbs 24th July 2011 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoryRover (Post 769086)
Hi Shabbs

Good Luck

Found it mate, pushed it back towards the pedal and voila, working cruise control.

Much appreciated.

Cheers.

ady 24th July 2011 20:12

Cheers might get mine to work now:}:}:}

RoryRover 24th July 2011 20:35

OK - so now you know why I did not even try to describe exactly where the switch is located - its pretty much impossible to describe !!

The good news is that you probably will not need to do it again - but if you do its a 10min fix.

Glad its all working now :}

Shabbs 24th July 2011 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoryRover (Post 769282)
OK - so now you know why I did not even try to describe exactly where the switch is located - its pretty much impossible to describe !!

The good news is that you probably will not need to do it again - but if you do its a 10min fix.

Glad its all working now :}

It is indeed, all's well that ends well.

Cheers.