The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Covid 19 And so it begins (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=307117)

stocktake 11th August 2020 11:06

Covid 19 And so it begins

My Friend in Bradford just sent me this.

Just received a phone call
Good morning, I'm calling from the NHS track and trace service. 😷
According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'🤒
'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'
'I'm not able to tell you that. 🤐
That is confidential information.'
'Right. Um... so ....'
'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'
'Ok (gives address)'
'Thank you - and I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalize this and send the kit to you.'
'Sorry - a payment card? I thought this was all free?'
'No - I'm afraid not!
There is a one-off fee of £50 for the kit and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'
'No - that's not right. 🤑
This is part of the NHS so there's no charge.'
'I'm afraid there is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'🤑
I asked for the name of the person calling and their supervisor and they put the phone down.
This is how scammers work. And vulnerable people will fall for it.”
Don't fall for it...! ☎️

PaulC75 11th August 2020 11:58

Plus the scammers cant even get it right as self isolation is now 10 days not 7!

myfirstrover 11th August 2020 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2830285)
My Friend in Bradford just sent me this.

Just received a phone call
Good morning, I'm calling from the NHS track and trace service. ��
According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'��
'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'
'I'm not able to tell you that. ��
That is confidential information.'
'Right. Um... so ....'
'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'
'Ok (gives address)'
'Thank you - and I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalize this and send the kit to you.'
'Sorry - a payment card? I thought this was all free?'
'No - I'm afraid not!
There is a one-off fee of £50 for the kit and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'
'No - that's not right. ��
This is part of the NHS so there's no charge.'
'I'm afraid there is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'��
I asked for the name of the person calling and their supervisor and they put the phone down.
This is how scammers work. And vulnerable people will fall for it.”
Don't fall for it...! ☎️

:mad: These scum are despicable , you can only imagine how many people get conned into this :mad:

Reebs 11th August 2020 12:58

Thanks for giving everyone the heads up on this Dave, as you say there will be many people across the country duped by this scam :mad:

Parker 11th August 2020 13:01

Any opportunity and these people rip off the vulnerable :mad: now ppi is over they have to catch you some other way.

Thankfully my 83 year old mum always lets her phone go to voicemail first but thanks I can now tip her off about these poisonous con artists too :mad:

macafee2 11th August 2020 18:20

what has taken the scammers so long?

macafee2

Dallas 11th August 2020 18:54

Thanks for the tip off Dave.

ADO282 11th August 2020 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2830371)
what has taken the scammers so long?

macafee2

I wouldn't do to look like a scam, after all most people know how inefficient the real track and trace system is !!

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/39/8f/e8/3...aad2b42ac8.jpg

bl52krz 11th August 2020 19:32

The only mistake Dave made was..................try and keep them on the phone as long as you can. They gradually get more and more irate. I just act daft.....not very hard to do in my case. The record was 25 minutes all recorded on the phone, when ‘Talk-Talk wanted me to turn the computer on because I had a lot of malware on it. Yea ok.

wraymond 11th August 2020 21:20

Didn't there used to be a system of 'caller ID'?