The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Another year's motoring for Redfive (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309642)

Rick-sta 3rd December 2020 13:57

Another year's motoring for Redfive

Redfive passed straight through it's MOT today, with just a small advisory on some corrosion on the offside front backplate. Pleased with that after all the bits I've had done on it in the last 11 months I've had it on the road.

This year it's had:

- New exhaust flexi section, old one was blowing badly.
- Replacement bottom engine mount
- Replacement backplates as they were rotten, new rear wheel bearings and abs sensors as had the common abs issue which causes the intermittent grinding brake pedal when coming to a stop.
- replacement offside front caliper as it decided to seize a couple months ago, disc needed replacing at the same time so had all four discs and pads changed.
- replacement handbrake cables as one was knackered, identified when changing the backplates.
- Replacement drop links and wishbone arm bushes
- full cat back stainless duplex exhaust (old exhaust didn't need replacing though)
- full clean up of the underside of the car and undersealed.

So been a bit of an expensive year in parts, but hopefully the car should be pretty sorted from now on. Found these cars always seem to ask for several parts in the space of a few months and then behave themselves for years again :D Still, cheaper than buying a soulless new car on finance ;)

now just got to get the aircon working in the spring, gave up on that this year after a replacement condenser and AC hose it still leaked the gas out after about a month.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...83b4c800_c.jpg

Rev Jules 3rd December 2020 14:27

Nice feeling when that happens, you have done that motor proud, mine goes in on the 17th, sixteen years old exactly.

Rev

squire 3rd December 2020 14:30

Nice result Rick, the offside front backplate advisory of some corrosion seems a bit picky to me, but at least you know about it now and can get it treated/painted and save having a replacement.

Martyn:icon_lol:

AndyN01 3rd December 2020 14:46

That's some good news :xmas-smiley-003:
And absolutely better than owning something soulless :xmas-smiley-008:

FLYING BANANA 3rd December 2020 15:50

Congratulations on the pass

marinabrian 3rd December 2020 16:18

Nice one Rick, mine went in on Monday for it's annual health check, passed with no advisories.

All in all not too shabby for a car that will be 16 years old at the end of the month.

Brian :D

Simondi 3rd December 2020 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2851896)
Redfive passed straight through it's MOT today, with just a small advisory on some corrosion on the offside front backplate. Pleased with that after all the bits I've had done on it in the last 11 months I've had it on the road.

This year it's had:

- New exhaust flexi section, old one was blowing badly.
- Replacement bottom engine mount
- Replacement backplates as they were rotten, new rear wheel bearings and abs sensors as had the common abs issue which causes the intermittent grinding brake pedal when coming to a stop.
- replacement offside front caliper as it decided to seize a couple months ago, disc needed replacing at the same time so had all four discs and pads changed.
- replacement handbrake cables as one was knackered, identified when changing the backplates.
- Replacement drop links and wishbone arm bushes
- full cat back stainless duplex exhaust (old exhaust didn't need replacing though)
- full clean up of the underside of the car and undersealed.

So been a bit of an expensive year in parts, but hopefully the car should be pretty sorted from now on. Found these cars always seem to ask for several parts in the space of a few months and then behave themselves for years again :D Still, cheaper than buying a soulless new car on finance ;)

now just got to get the aircon working in the spring, gave up on that this year after a replacement condenser and AC hose it still leaked the gas out after about a month.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...83b4c800_c.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2851923)
Nice one Rick, mine went in on Monday for it's annual health check, passed with no advisories.

All in all not too shabby for a car that will be 16 years old at the end of the month.

Well done on the passes

trikey 3rd December 2020 16:56

Always good to get a clean bill of health 👍

Rick-sta 3rd December 2020 19:49

Many thanks all :) Crazy how quick time goes, my dads one was only 6 years old when we bought it, and it's now 16 years old and has 200k miles on it but still going strong. This one has just shy of 166k on it and the typhoon has 213k. All still going well :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by squire (Post 2851899)
Nice result Rick, the offside front backplate advisory of some corrosion seems a bit picky to me, but at least you know about it now and can get it treated/painted and save having a replacement.

Martyn:icon_lol:

There's always a picky advisory on there now, think the MOT tester feels he has to put something on there lol. It'll get sorted soon as I was planning on painting the back plates anyway when I paint the caliper :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2851923)

Oh and welcome back Brian :cool:

Raven Black 3rd December 2020 20:01

Pass

Well done Rick for everything you have done for the car, really a credit to you. Still need to get my ipk declined, hopefully next year. And definitely welcome back MB!
All the best to you both.
Cheers