The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Audio upgrades (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296142)

thanos.m 28th May 2019 19:59

Audio upgrades

Hi everyone,
My conny v6 75 is sadly fitted with bottom spec harmony sound system and it would be a compliment to say that its performance is just disappointing. From what I read on the forums so far and from my knowledge the first step getting your sound system to sound better is upgrading the head unit. Since I'm on a tight budget at the moment and I really don't like the looks of aftermarket units I was wondering if any of the factory options that can be found easily online would be of any benefit like the Alpine head unit or the later VDO ones. Additionally, would this HUs be plug and plug and play or do they have different wiring? finally what about adding the rear twitters I heard its quite easy to do and it's a great improvement.
Regards,
Thanos

chas_1 28th May 2019 23:06

If you are on a tight budget I have a Pioneer Avic X1 in very good nick if you r interested nice bit of kit. I upgraded to a Pioneer Deh 80PRS so this X1 is sitting here gathering dust

Regards

Chas

thanos.m 29th May 2019 02:00

Thanks for the reply,
well my main aim is to keep the dash looking factory that is why I want to avoid using something aftermarket my question is any of the factory HUs like the symphony alpine unit would make any difference from my harmony which sounds extremely bad
regards,
Thanos.

smudge.g 29th May 2019 06:03

Hi,
i am currently breaking a facelift 75 with hi-line audio system (the Alpine one with satnav/tv etc) that i dont need. You can have it for postage cost if you like. I also have removed the boot units for the radio and TV (satnav part seems to be missing) but dont know if you would need these other parts too. let me know if interested. BTW, as i dont have the correct car key, I havent been able to test any electrical items.
regards
gary

thanos.m 29th May 2019 11:22

Thanks for the offer I don't think you can plug in the Highline sat nav in a non-highline car without the changing the all the wiring loom nor do I think it could work without its units in the boot if not for the complexity of it would be a nice upgrade
regards,
Thanos

sworks 29th May 2019 13:03

A symphony head unit with the SLE mod are supposed to work very well. You can however get very good aftermarket units for very little money and fit it into a genuine fascia adapter rather than the offset aftermarket units and it will work very well.

thanos.m 30th May 2019 00:00

Thank you all for your replies,
I think I'll try getting hold of a symphony unit, is it easy to retrofit if you know and do I need any adapters? and what about the steering wheel controls? also, what is the SLE mod I've never heard of it if anyone has info about that would be much appreciated I could only find a little information about it in threads from 12 years ago.
Regards
Thanos

ryszard 30th May 2019 10:32

Hi,if you are still after a symphony unit I have one,have taken it out of my spares car,I thought it sounded crisper than my high line in my Moonstone.If you are passing by Northampton you can pop in, fit and try it.Would like e tenner for it.Shame as I was near Ryton yesterday.Regards Ry....

The Rovering Member 30th May 2019 14:02

The SLE mod increases the bass response. It's a small circuit you solder in place yourself, unless you fancy sending your unit to Germany for them to do it.
I've got one but haven't got round to fitting it yet. In fact, at present l can't even find it. :D

raykay 30th May 2019 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by thanos.m (Post 2736920)
Thank you all for your replies,
I think I'll try getting hold of a symphony unit, is it easy to retrofit if you know and do I need any adapters? and what about the steering wheel controls?

There is a post on 2nd April on the ICE forum by OldGuy changing a Harmony to a Symphony which may help.