The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   wow simple change (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293910)

macafee2 14th March 2019 20:23

wow simple change

my sons radiator on his Rover 25 was leaking like a sieve.

Bought a Haynes manual and my goodness the rad was easy to change.
2 bolts, 4 nuts, 3 pipes and an electrical connection.

Replacement rad from Euro car parts, £39 and some pennies.

Alas nothing about bleeding but a Google search found a very useful thread on another forum so bleeding was easy

macafee2

Jdwoodhou 14th March 2019 20:27

Bit of a contrast with renewing the rad on a 75!

COLVERT 14th March 2019 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2719085)
my sons radiator on his Rover 25 was leaking like a sieve.

Bought a Haynes manual and my goodness the rad was easy to change.
2 bolts, 4 nuts, 3 pipes and an electrical connection.

Replacement rad from Euro car parts, £39 and some pennies.

Alas nothing about bleeding but a Google search found a very useful thread on another forum so bleeding was easy

macafee2

Another string to your bow. We never stop learning.---:bowdown:

Raspberrycai 15th March 2019 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2719095)
Another string to your bow. We never stop learning.---:bowdown:

I think that's a very good way to look at it - I'm trying to slowly teach myself how to work on cars, from having literally no experience with them. I'll be doing my own oil change in a month or so, but I've got a haynes manual and the Internet. Eventually I hope to be able to do quite a bit with my car. Hopefully I can save some money, but the problem is that there's not much wrong with my 75 right now.

macafee2 15th March 2019 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raspberrycai (Post 2719219)
I think that's a very good way to look at it - I'm trying to slowly teach myself how to work on cars, from having literally no experience with them. I'll be doing my own oil change in a month or so, but I've got a haynes manual and the Internet. Eventually I hope to be able to do quite a bit with my car. Hopefully I can save some money, but the problem is that there's not much wrong with my 75 right now.

the money you will save you will spend on tools if you don't have a decent range of tools :)

macafee2

Raspberrycai 15th March 2019 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2719303)
the money you will save you will spend on tools if you don't have a decent range of tools :)

macafee2

Luckily I have quite a few tools - That being said I've just spend a fair amount on a jack and stands, but we have 3 cars in our family so I should break even at some point :)

Captain Crappycrimp 15th March 2019 23:06

Dont worry it will break soon they all do with boring regularity no matter how much work you do on them, ungreatful so and so's these cars