The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lost engine power.. I NEED HELP!! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296849)

Matt70 23rd June 2019 06:44

Lost engine power.. I NEED HELP!!

Hi guys, yesterday I was driving on the A127 normally at 50 mp hours when suddenly I accelerate about 90 mp hours the engine lost power and came out the worning light check the engine! I stopped the car in a BP station and waited 10 min.. Water and Oil was fine! I managed to continue my journey driving no more than 50 mph.. So what's the problem? Someone can help me please.:bowdown:
Thanks

Number 6 23rd June 2019 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt70 (Post 2742604)
Hi guys, yesterday I was driving on the A127 normally at 50 mp hours when suddenly I accelerate about 90 mp hours the engine lost power and came out the worning light check the engine! I stopped the car in a BP station and waited 10 min.. Water and Oil was fine! I managed to continue my journey driving no more than 50 mph.. So what's the problem? Someone can help me please.:bowdown:
Thanks

Did you accelerate it yourself,Or did the car do it on its own.They way you have put it is implies the car accelerated on its own.:shrug:

Matt70 23rd June 2019 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2742626)
Did you accelerate it yourself,Or did the car do it on its own.They way you have put it is implies the car accelerated on its own.:shrug:

I accelerate it myself.. As I was thinking to arrive late at work.. But this is not the problem! :shrug:

slovcan 23rd June 2019 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt70 (Post 2742660)
I accelerate it myself.. As I was thinking to arrive late at work.. But this is not the problem! :shrug:

The first thing would be to get at least an OBD2 code reader plugged into the car and see what code(s) get displayed. If there is someone with a T4 close by, even better. Something has put it into "Limp Home" mode to protect it from a serious problem.

Good luck,
Glenn

Matt70 24th June 2019 07:49

Hi, thank you Glenn I already know someone with T4 and I planning to visit him soon. I wanted before some suggestions about the possible problem as I don't want to spend to much monay to fix this issue.
Cheers
Matt:duh:

Avulon 24th June 2019 09:00

Were you really doing 90 mps hour? Did any speed cameras photograph you... (or any fuzz read your post...)

slovcan 24th June 2019 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2742894)
Were you really doing 90 mps hour? Did any speed cameras photograph you... (or any fuzz read your post...)

:D I'm sure he merely accelerated briskly to merge with traffic and it FELT like 90 mph, but acceleration was arrested at the posted speed limit.... officer. :D

markypicks 24th June 2019 10:35

i agree with glen if your car is deisel and reg b4 02 plate an obd scanner will not work it has to be some with t4 diagnostics as glen says something has thrown the car into limp mode get the codes off the scanner then go from there rgds mark

Rogue 24th June 2019 11:09

Quote:

if your car is deisel and reg b4 02 plate an obd scanner will not work

Not strictly true... I have a generic Blutooth OBD reader and it works fine on my Cowley diesel but oddly my friends 03 diesel wont talk to it? :shrug:

roverbarmy 24th June 2019 12:41

Which engine is this? Check for blocked or wet air filter, collapsed Shannon tube (air supply pipe to engine), bloked fuel filter. Any of these will allow slower speed but choke (or starve) the engine at higher speeds. I've read that some (Rover/Land Rover) diesels can limit the revs too. Turbo to engine pipes can split (losing boost).:shrug:

EDIT- Just spotted that you continued at 50mph. Was that because it wouldn't do more than 50 ???