The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   rover 75 KM meter not working (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=173635)

Blingcash 14th February 2014 07:06

rover 75 KM meter not working

i bought a rover 75 5 days ago, when i was driving it home i noticed the km meter not working so i could not see how much i was driving, the abs sencer lights is also on, maybe that have something to do with it? anybody can help me with soem advise? thanks ... am living in Belgium btw

SKS Disco 14th February 2014 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blingcash (Post 1576172)
i bought a rover 75 5 days ago, when i was driving it home i noticed the km meter not working so i could not see how much i was driving, the abs sencer lights is also on, maybe that have something to do with it? anybody can help me with soem advise? thanks ... am living in Belgium btw

They are related. The signal for both comes from the abs sensor which in turn reads from the wheel bearing inside the hub. ( front right I think). Check wiring for chafes and connections first.

SD1too 14th February 2014 07:41

Hello Karl and :welcome: to the club.

As XPart02 says, it will be a damaged cable from one of the front ABS wheel sensors. The cable pops out of its clip on the front strut and rubs against the tyre as you turn the steering. I would check both sides if I were you.

The solution is a new sensor and they can be hard work to extract. There's plenty of reading on the forum about this. Secure the new sensor cable with a cable tie so that it cannot release from the clip.

Simon

Blingcash 15th February 2014 04:17

thanks

thanks allot guys, this helps me allot. ill go look in to it as soon has the sun,s up.
:}

Glen B 17th February 2014 12:13

Glen B

Got the same problem. Last Monday ABS light came on and then speedo stopped working but worked again a couple of miles later. Next day started off with ABS light on and no speedo then it worked for 5 mins then stopped again and ABS light back on. Having checked my notebook I keep on all work done, parts replaced, problems, etc, I see that I had my ABS/Speedo cable replaced in January 2010 and as it was done by a garage I was using then, I suspect that it was an aftermarket cable. Is 4 years about average before these cables fail? I have fetched a new cable from Rimmers and the mechanic I use is either going to fit the new cable on Wednesday unless resitance tests etc, say the present cable is OK but come adrift or something.

FrenchMike 17th February 2014 17:53

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen B (Post 1579833)
Got the same problem. Last Monday ABS light came on and then speedo stopped working but worked again a couple of miles later. Next day started off with ABS light on and no speedo then it worked for 5 mins then stopped again and ABS light back on. Having checked my notebook I keep on all work done, parts replaced, problems, etc, I see that I had my ABS/Speedo cable replaced in January 2010 and as it was done by a garage I was using then, I suspect that it was an aftermarket cable. Is 4 years about average before these cables fail? I have fetched a new cable from Rimmers and the mechanic I use is either going to fit the new cable on Wednesday unless resitance tests etc, say the present cable is OK but come adrift or something.

Hi,
Don't forget the sensor is not only implied but the magnetic ring too.

In doubt try this:

Attachment 30730

Good luck

Mike