The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Harsh words (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=208887)

Gazmo65 20th February 2015 06:51

Harsh words

Is it me or has there been a little bit of an atmosphere in some posts on the forum recently? I have found this forum and its members to be friendly and very informative it is a gold mine of knowledge and I have recommended it to many MG Rover owners, but recently in some of the posts I have read there has been a bit of friction. I think people need to relax a little, life is short and we are only here for a little while so lets enjoy our cars and each others company have a bit of banter and don't take things too seriously, come on lads ( and lasses ) I will go and dig a trench now and wait for the fallout :D :new_year:

wattonwatty 20th February 2015 06:56

Here here :cool:.......my sentiments exactly.

wullie480 20th February 2015 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazmo65 (Post 1925899)
Is it me or has there been a little bit of an atmosphere in some posts on the forum recently? I have found this forum and its members to be friendly and very informative it is a gold mine of knowledge and I have recommended it to many MG Rover owners, but recently in some of the posts I have read there has been a bit of friction. I think people need to relax a little, life is short and we are only here for a little while so lets enjoy our cars and each others company have a bit of banter and don't take things too seriously, come on lads ( and lasses ) I will go and dig a trench now and wait for the fallout :D :new_year:

Couldn't agree more.
It happens now & again but does settle back down I wouldn't worry about it.
Ignore the negatives & praise the positives as they say.

SE9 Rob 20th February 2015 07:29

It seems the modern way: default mode of sarcasm and rudeness :shrug:

I agree we should all try to be a little kinder and more tolerant of all views, even if you disagree...:}

Mickyboy 20th February 2015 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazmo65 (Post 1925899)

Well said people should be able to respect the forum and other members

garrycairns 20th February 2015 07:59

CLOSE the post as I can see it starting again, what's in the past should stay in the past.

Just my worthless opinion. :duh:

Rev Jules 20th February 2015 08:28

Every body is brave when throwing posts backwards and forwards at each other, for gods sake this a club for the mutual benefit of keeping our cars on the road, obviously there will be differences of opinions, but should never progress to rudeness and insults on here, what does it look like to the people who are joining us, by all means agree to disagree.
Come on gentlemen lets get it back together again.

Thank You.

Julien

Roy&Rosebud 20th February 2015 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by julienhoulton (Post 1925971)
Every body is brave when throwing posts backwards and forwards at each other, for gods sake this a club for the mutual benefit of keeping our cars on the road, obviously there will be differences of opinions, but should never progress to rudeness and insults on here, what does it look like to the people who are joining us, by all means agree to disagree.
Come on gentlemen lets get it back together again.

Thank You.

Julien

Well said Julian, its such a pity, sarcasm seems to be rife on here.

I was taught that manners maketh a man. We have plenty of (Men!!)

but we are short on manners. In my opinion.

As you know, ever the same.

Roy and Rosebud. (Old Man and frail Old Lady).

Take good care of each other.

geoffh 20th February 2015 09:00

manners maketh man

Well put sir, I have left other owners clubs for those very reason, if you did not have this upgrade or that colour then your opinions were irrelevant, I would add that they were of the two wheeled variety, even so I believe this is a gentleladies and gentleman's club and long may it remain so.
As me old mum used to say " it's nice to be important, but more important to be nice ".

Yella Fella 20th February 2015 09:08

This is a nice place to be.

The unhappy and disgruntled usually move onto other places.