The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The decision has now been made regarding........ (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290198)

FLYING BANANA 12th February 2019 13:13

Got a phone call......................

.................................. from A.M. Restorations confirming the date for Banana to go in for her paint on March the 4th.

Work to be carried out.

Front and rear screens to be removed. This allows the paint and lacquer not to have a”edge” against the rubbers.
All side trim to be removed and sprayed separately. Including door handles.
Front and rear bumpers removed.
The panels that go rusty on the edges of doors are to be replaced even with the carbon wrap on the still have gone rusty. I have 4 brand new ones to be fitted.
Rear lip spoiler removed.

Rear and front lights to be removed. Headlights to be polished along with the one rear light that has faded.
Paint in the door jambs. There have been a couple of occasions where people have got out and caught the belt buckles in the door.
They are not going to spray under the bonnet or in the boot area but theses areas will be thoroughly cleaned.
Final job once painted she will get a machine polish.
Expected to be off of the road for 6 weeks.

Once home she will then get some extra work carried out by Rick Bhullar. Illuminated kick plates plus the LED lighting renewed. Plus under bonnet and boot LED lighting to be replaced.

Once finished she will only come out and attend local shows.

The plan is to sell the Bear, Redfive and my body to pay for it all.

Bogbrush82 12th February 2019 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2710786)
The plan is to sell the Bear, Redfive and my body to pay for it all.

Well your body might just cover the cost of the door handles.... :D

:getmecoat:

Dorset Bob 12th February 2019 13:29

What colour are you going to get it sprayed then Bob? :getmecoat:

Cable Tie 12th February 2019 13:42

Sounds like a plan bob

Teflon 12th February 2019 13:56

She's going to look mint Bob, you must be very excited (I know I would be) :}.

One quick tip re the carbon wrapped door bits: before you put the new ones on, give the backs of them a good coating of Waxoyl or similar. They rust from the inside out, but once coated should last the life of the car.

Cliff

FLYING BANANA 12th February 2019 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorset Bob (Post 2710792)
What colour are you going to get it sprayed then Bob? :getmecoat:

Thought Monogram flat Primer would look good.

mininuts 12th February 2019 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2710799)
Thought Monogram flat Primer would look good.

Nonogram Primer Supertallic is the way forward Bob :drool4:

Pleased for you Bob, be even lovelier once the work’s done.
Dare you bring it up North though? Be great to see you both at Gretna meet again ;)

FLYING BANANA 12th February 2019 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mininuts (Post 2710803)
Nonogram Primer Supertallic is the way forward Bob :drool4:

Pleased for you Bob, be even lovelier once the work’s done.
Dare you bring it up North though? Be great to see you both at Gretna meet again ;)

Might bring her up later in the year to Granton on Spey meet. Would pop in and see you as well. However chances are it would be Redfive that makes the trip. Or if I sell a kidney I could bring the Bear for you.................

Les4048 12th February 2019 17:39

Take the opportunity to spray under bonnet and inside the boot area, wish I had

marinabrian 12th February 2019 18:03

Bob, the front and rear screens don't need to be removed, only the surrounding trims, which leave ample room for the paint to be applied properly to the windscreen pillars.

I look forward to seeing how the job turns out, as I will be looking to have my Marina Convertible painted later on in the year, and for me a quality job is worth travelling for.

I certainly won't be using the last person who painted a car for me, as I would like the car painted properly, and no skimping on preparation.

When it comes to the paint refinishing, you are only as good as your last job, and I wasn't impressed sadly.......

Brian :D