The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   How can life be so unfair? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301143)

grout20 29th November 2019 11:43

So sad to read your post Dave.

Fingers crossed for next week, and hopefully both lads will get all the treatment and help they deserve.

Somethings in this life just ain't right....

Kind regards
John

stocktake 29th November 2019 21:07

Run out of thanks, thanks for the support and all the pm's :bowdown:

Dallas 29th November 2019 21:30

Really sorry to hear about this Dave, best wishes to you all.

Gate Keeper 30th November 2019 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2778830)
Run out of thanks, thanks for the support and all the pm's :bowdown:

Hi Dave, I am sorry to read your family and grandchildren are going through this. On a practical level, it could be helpful to the child who has lost his hearing to have a special tablet for children, to help him communicate. We went through this with our nephew who lives with us. His mum died young last year from a brain tumour. From an early age, he lost his hearing and speech. With his speech, he can only make high and low octave sounds or screams out if he is unhappy. He had all the scans and assessments, nothing could be done. Last year he had a brain scan after having epileptic fits. He uses a laptop for communication and that helps him tell us what he is thinking or going through. His love, is to sit on a pony for an assisted ride at stables near us and he loves watching cartoons on TV. It is thought the MMR vaccination caused his deafness and brain damage.

Let’s hope the MRI shows if there is a problem causing the sudden deafness and something can be done to make his hearing right.

Les4048 30th November 2019 05:30

I was involved with Deaf people and learned BSL and it really is a great way to communicate with Deaf people and it’s often overlooked by the medical profession as they’re looking for a cure which may not be there. Obviously I still hope the young lad gets his hearing back but I know Deaf young adults who lost their hearing when young and they cope well communicating in sign language

Gate Keeper 30th November 2019 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2778857)
I was involved with Deaf people and learned BSL and it really is a great way to communicate with Deaf people and it’s often overlooked by the medical profession as they’re looking for a cure which may not be there. Obviously I still hope the young lad gets his hearing back but I know Deaf young adults who lost their hearing when young and they cope well communicating in sign language

Hi Les, I was sorry to read how your partner is having a hard time. How life can be cruel and at times difficult to understand. I sincerely hope she get through okay.

When our nephew discovered his hormones, he constantly masturbated and indulged in practices involving sexual pain. When I offered professional advice on how to manage this, his parents told me to keep out of it, not to interfere, as they had enough of professionals offering new treatments and raising false hopes, quite understandable.

Reebs 30th November 2019 08:07

Hi Dave,

It’s not often I read posts on the forum to my wife, but this one really moved me to discuss it with Juliette. Having a 12 year old of our own we both can’t imagine how it must feel for your Grandson and his parents, especially with what the younger one has gone through too. Life does deal out some cruel cards at times.

All I know is that you and Marina will both be supportive and strong for your family, it’s the way you are wired and that will help them cope with whatever else life wants to through at them.

Take care and think positively if you can.

Paul.

RPWC 30th November 2019 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2778586)
Sorry to read this Dave, hope your all ok. I’ve been questioning the ‘fairness’ of life for a number of years now.

That makes two of us Mark, with what has happened in our family, and to other innocent, good people, it makes you question, why are we here?I no longer go to church, but having been brought up as a catholic, where it was preached to us that God loves us all, and is watching over us, yeah? Well if that’s the case how come the world is it war with itself, people lose their lives on a daily basis through mugging and stabbing, acts of terror etc Dave’s grandkids have done nothing to deserve this, my aunt who passed away recently, was a staunch catholic, like my mother, went to church every day, did a lot of work for the church and it’s community, visited sick parishioners in hospital,and their homes,and then gets stuck down with ovarian cancer, and taken from us in less than 4 months. Where was God when all this was going on? Why has he let this happen to Dave’s grandsons

WillyHeckaslike 2nd December 2019 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2778859)
When our nephew discovered his hormones, he constantly masturbated.

Sorry Phil, I have tried my utmost to resist posting in response to this but temptation has gotten the better of me. :o

My GP once implored a patient to desist from doing this, allegedly. The inevitable response from the patient was ... why? :shrug:

:smilie_re: Because, said my GP. You are upsetting all of my other patients in my waiting room. :getmecoat:

Gate Keeper 3rd December 2019 03:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 2779434)
Sorry Phil, I have tried my utmost to resist posting in response to this but temptation has gotten the better of me. :o

My GP once implored a patient to desist from doing this, allegedly. The inevitable response from the patient was ... why? :shrug:

:smilie_re: Because, said my GP. You are upsetting all of my other patients in my waiting room. :getmecoat:

No comment ;)