The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Stolen rover near cambridge (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309435)

Adam2003 23rd November 2020 17:07

Stolen rover near cambridge

*THE CAR IS NOT MINE, I AM JUST POSTING TO RAISE SOME AWARENESS*

Rover 214
REG:G899UYP
Car pictured below this post (red car)
The Rover was stolen from a car park in Chatteris, which is near Cambridge.

The thief may have changed the number plates, and as this is a rare car, if you see a red 214 near Cambridge it most likely is the stolen car.

ANY SIGHTINGS PLEASE RING THE POLICE. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...460abd8d1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnu 23rd November 2020 18:38

Shame, I hope the owner gets it back in good shape. :mad:

torque2me 23rd November 2020 18:42

Might not be in the Cambridge area any more!

Kev

Kerthan23 23rd November 2020 20:18

Stolen rover

I believe the very next day they came back and stole there Volvo estate aswell, just seen on twitter about Volvo and mentioned about rover aswell, shocking!!!!

Adam2003 24th November 2020 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerthan23 (Post 2850113)
I believe the very next day they came back and stole there Volvo estate aswell, just seen on twitter about Volvo and mentioned about rover aswell, shocking!!!!

Yep...same man had a Volvo stolen.

Looks targeted. Probably being sold to a collector or stripped for parts. I hope the police find them both before that happens though!

trikey 24th November 2020 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam2003 (Post 2850154)
Yep...same man had a Volvo stolen.

Looks targeted. Probably being sold to a collector or stripped for parts. I hope the police find them both before that happens though!

I spotted that on Facebook, probably saw the Volvo as an easy target when they took the rover!

We all need to wire in. GSM remote hidden away to a very loud horn, in the event of a theft text the car and deafen the barstewards.

Mogodon 24th November 2020 15:02

Always wondered why cars especially that are rare, noticeable, and stand out in the crowd are stolen.

They surely wouldn't appeal to the thrash and crash fraternity (a Rover 214 and a Volvo estate especially)

Even if ringed for an identical wreck chances are it would be sussed as every car has unique things a dedicated owner would spot.

Are they valuable as break for parts ?

Or shipped abroad for some reason (but the market for RHD cars with most of the world driving on the wrong side, LHD, must be limited).

Alf Best 24th November 2020 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogodon (Post 2850163)
Always wondered why cars especially that are rare, noticeable, and stand out in the crowd are stolen.

They surely wouldn't appeal to the thrash and crash fraternity (a Rover 214 and a Volvo estate especially)

Even if ringed for an identical wreck chances are it would be sussed as every car has unique things a dedicated owner would spot.

Are they valuable as break for parts ?

Or shipped abroad for some reason (but the market for RHD cars with most of the world driving on the wrong side, LHD, must be limited).

Why would anyone want to ring one of these? surely they cannot be worth more than a few hundred pounds at best?

I say this as a friend owns a pristine 1993 416SLi automatic with less than 16000 miles on the clock, which belonged to his late father from new, that he tried and failed to sell for £1200.

It's a shame really as they are quite a nice car.

Mike Trident 24th November 2020 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2850157)
I spotted that on Facebook, probably saw the Volvo as an easy target when they took the rover!

We all need to wire in. GSM remote hidden away to a very loud horn, in the event of a theft text the car and deafen the barstewards.

What a good idea!

Adam2003 24th November 2020 23:22

Stolen rover near cambridge

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf Best (Post 2850182)
Why would anyone want to ring one of these? surely they cannot be worth more than a few hundred pounds at best?

I say this as a friend owns a pristine 1993 416SLi automatic with less than 16000 miles on the clock, which belonged to his late father from new, that he tried and failed to sell for £1200.

It's a shame really as they are quite a nice car.

I’ve been told that Rover, especially the Rover Hondas are actually really big in Japan and China! And a British car like Rover, is up there with Bentley and Rolls.

Very expensive and also very well maintained over there. Similar in Australia. I’m not sure about Volvo though. However I doubt that they will be exported over there, unless the robbery’s are part of something big.

I just hope they’re both returned safely.