The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Broken glass (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=264841)

Dansrockin 3rd April 2017 00:18

Broken glass

Hi all, while we were away in North Wales over the weekend on a charity walk up Mt Snowdon, some kind soul decided to break into my dad's 75 tourer by smashing the passenger​ side rear quarter light glass. Fortunately thanks to the superlocking they couldn't get the doors open, so only managed to get a bag with his waterproofs in.
I can get hold of a replacement from a car in the local scrapyard, but i cant find any info on how to remove the trim and replace the glass.
Has anyone done this before? Any hints or tips, or a how to guide?
Thanks
Dan

Dragrad 3rd April 2017 00:29

Maybe the Mods can move this into the Technical Help forum to assist you ? ;) Sorry to read of your misfortune :(

Christopher Price 3rd April 2017 08:19

Aren't people lovely. It does raise a point on NEVER leaving ANYTHING on display in your interior, as the idiots will smash a window for a pair of cheap sunglasses.

milford man 3rd April 2017 09:37

If its the rear glass it has to be cut out from the inside (sealer) and the new one bonded in.

Regards John

Dansrockin 3rd April 2017 11:29

Thanks guys, i told him he shouldn't have left anything on view, but he said he just didn't think anyone would be interested in some old dirty waterproofs! It didn't spoil the weekend though, around 70 of us, family and friends raised over £3000 for the meningitis trust in memory of my niece who passed away from meningitis several years ago.
It's the small glass in the rear of the door I'm needing to change rather than the bonded in rear window.

scottish_don 3rd April 2017 11:36

From memory,

Remove the door card
Remove the cover on the metal strip that separates the main glass and quarterlight by sliding it down
There are two or three small screws which you need to remove
This should allow the metal strip to be removed, this holds the quarterlight in place

Apologies but I'm doing this from memory, in my case I needed to remove the main window and noticed that the quarterlight was accessible at the same time.

Rev Jules 3rd April 2017 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottish_don (Post 2470928)
From memory,

Remove the door card
Remove the cover on the metal strip that separates the main glass and quarterlight by sliding it down
There are two or three small screws which you need to remove
This should allow the metal strip to be removed, this holds the quarterlight in place

Apologies but I'm doing this from memory, in my case I needed to remove the main window and noticed that the quarterlight was accessible at the same time.

Yes that is what was led too believe, had to remove every thing that has been said, including the glass because you have to remove the door finisher guide so you can remove or replace the quarter light. I have still to do mine because of corrosion.

Rev

flying_pig 3rd April 2017 14:41

If you fancy a drive you can have the glass of tourer that I've recently planted in my garden free of charge