The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Sat Nav wide screen (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=97891)

190SETOURING 15th November 2011 20:52

Sat Nav wide screen

Is it possible to replace the small TV unit with the bigger wide screen BMW unit (2005 ztt 190se) and if so is it just "plug n play"

STUBIE 15th November 2011 20:57

Yes you can just replace but it needs to be the one with the cassette deck behind the screen and not the CD player. You will also need a widescreen tv unit or you will get a 4 by 3 image on the wide screen.

Stubs

190SETOURING 15th November 2011 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by STUBIE (Post 851709)
Yes you can just replace but it needs to be the one with the cassette desk behind the screen and not the CD player. You will also need a widescreen tv unit or you will get a 4 by 3 image on the wide screen.

Stubs

Hi, what bit is the tv unit? and why cant you use the cd version? Cheers.

STUBIE 15th November 2011 21:06

The TV bit is the one to the left as you look in the boot. As far as a the CD model I think you need the BMW radio module I also think that you cannot get the CD changer to work with the CD screen.

Stubs

190SETOURING 15th November 2011 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by STUBIE (Post 851719)
The TV bit is the one to the left as you look in the boot. As far as a the CD model I think you need the BMW radio module I also think that you cannot get the CD changer to work with the CD screen.

Stubs

Cheers, back on the "bay" to find said parts!

Jake 15th November 2011 21:19

You may be lucky at your cars age as Greeners told me that some of the later cars had tuners fitted that were 16:9 compatible.

190SETOURING 15th November 2011 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 851737)
You may be lucky at your cars age as Greeners told me that some of the later cars had tuners fitted that were 16:9 compatible.

AHA! so it might be worth just getting the head unit first and see how it works?

J1MBO 15th November 2011 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by 190SETOURING (Post 851742)
AHA! so it might be worth just getting the head unit first and see how it works?

May well be.

For information the original radio tuner in my 54 plate 75 worked with the BMW widescreen I fitted before upgrading the rest of the system.

nb: if you want TMC to work without having to be tuned to Classic the BMW BM24 twin radio tuner module is the way to go, also plug and play.

AFAIK if you want to install a CD bord monitor (head unit) you will require a BMW BM54 twin tuner radio module for the CD to work. Problem is that an expensive adaptor cable, or a DIY loom, will be required - not plug and play.

Then to complete the upgrade a BMW mk4 DVD navigation computer, and a BMW digital TV tuner or a freeview box.

MN190 15th November 2011 21:46

It needs to be one from an E46 and you will have to cut off the plastic lugs and trim the metal ones to match your existing unit.
See below.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=45753

Just remember to test it works ok before you cut it.

Other than that its plug and play and you may be lucky with the TV unit.

Jake 15th November 2011 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 851760)
May well be.

For information the original radio tuner in my 54 plate 75 worked with the BMW widescreen I fitted before upgrading the rest of the system.

nb: if you want TMC to work without having to be tuned to Classic the BMW BM24 twin radio tuner module is the way to go, also plug and play.

AFAIK if you want to install a CD bord monitor (head unit) you will require a BMW BM54 twin tuner radio module for the CD to work. Problem is that an expensive adaptor cable, or a DIY loom, will be required - not plug and play.

Then to complete the upgrade a BMW mk4 DVD navigation computer, and a BMW digital TV tuner or a freeview box.

And yours is one hell of a system Jim - I do envy you! :-) I'm getting there with the parts (bargain of all was the mk4 drive for £105!)

190SETOURING: There was a rover part number for the dual tuner that was fitted to our cars right at the end this is: XQC000240. This is sometimes known as the BM54 BACK - this however is not the same as the regular BM54, but is round pinned so no need for the loom! As yours is an 05, it may be worth checking if your radio tuner has this part on it already!