The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Premium bumper & grille supplier (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68704)

Devilish 14th September 2010 07:55

Premium bumper & grille supplier

A friend of mine at a bodyshop Whom I asked about a grille for my premium bumper, put me in direct contact with A Hong Kong Roewe supplier who gave me the following news.

Dear Steve,
Have a nice day!
Nice talking with you,sorry for the late reply because of my business trip. We can supply Roewe750 bumper and grille.

Here is a good news for you,we can supply the grille for the Rover75 you need at competitive price,it can fit for the bumper that you attached to me,we also can supply you the bumper,so there is no need for you to modify anything.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/v...prembumper.jpg

If you could buy more I can give you our best FOB quotation,please talk with your customers,how do you want to ship them to your city?By sea or by plane?If quantity is big I suggest you ship them by sea then you can save a lot of shipping cost.if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at any time,welcome to write to me.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

--
Thanks & Best Regards,
Carrie
-------------------------------------------------

I have one being shipped for approval for my premium bumper, I am going to speak to her when she gets back again about the price for the bumper and the paint finish.

She is ok with single orders, these can be made anytime

Rover 75 MkII premium grille £150 shipped by air freight

The discount for a multiple order is up to £20 per grille depending upon the size of the order. The shipping cost as she mentioned is much cheaper for a multiple order shipped by sea

Anyone who definately wants a grille or grille and premium bumper, put your name down, I will post pics when the grille arrives and is fitted.

I can then send her an order and get an actual shipment price

Looks like my brand new premium bumper might be costing me £200 :D :D
Bit less than a grand eh.

I am after a pair of MkII indicators and spots to make mounts for the £60 bumpers off ebay, you can have them back when i have finished with them

Lates 14th September 2010 08:08

Excellent news, well done.

May be a good idea to give some ball park figures for single orders of grille and / or bumper so as a worse case scenario people can work out their finances.

Devilish 14th September 2010 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lates (Post 587720)
Excellent news, well done.

May be a good idea to give some ball park figures for single orders of grille and / or bumper so as a worse case scenario people can work out their finances.

It is all in the thread, you must have missed it. :D If mine fits ok and is the correct grille as she says, It is £150 if not my mate will send it back for me.

Will just have to figure out how to attach spots, mesh, and indicators to mine, but that should be a peice of cake.

Lates 14th September 2010 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilish (Post 587733)
It is all in the thread, you must have missed it. :D

Where is the bumper and grille price ? I did miss it :shrug:

Devilish 14th September 2010 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lates (Post 587734)
Where is the bumper and grille price ? I did miss it :shrug:

The grille price for a single unit is there including air freight, this can be ordered anytime she is out on buisness and will give me a price of the bumper when she gets back. That will be high though compared to £60 from eBay, but much cheaper than £1k. I will be happy if I have to drill the bumper to fit mounting brackets with brass bolts, and have it resprayed, still only £300- £350 for a brand new premium bumper. Especially as I may have it sprayed anyway. time for me to get working on the fittings, need some spots and indicators though. Cannot have my bumper off for that long to make the mounts.

Lates 14th September 2010 09:13

Be interesting to see the total cost (less paint) on her return. Good news is that it is "do able"

Devilish 14th September 2010 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lates (Post 587740)
Be interesting to see the total cost (less paint) on her return. Good news is that it is "do able"

Do not really want to buy spots and indicators that I do not want just to make the mounting brackets, but if the grille arrives first, I will soon get hold of some and get them mounted. I have some stainless mesh, i suppose I could have a go at cutting it, I think I would rather have toothache than cut stainless mesh.

Lates 14th September 2010 10:51

I would use a mini disc to cut the mesh as opposed to side cutters or tin snips ?

trebor 14th September 2010 11:13

great news Steve please add me to the list for both if the price is right

T-Cut 14th September 2010 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilish (Post 587712)
Rover 75 MkII premium grille £150 shipped by air freight

I see she also sells the Roewe 750 front bumper assembly complete. This has the main grill and the lower grill already fitted I think. Maybe even the lamps? Would this not fit directly onto the 75? It would save all the hassle of making mountings, mesh cutting/fitting etc. I can't imagine the Roewe bumper would be much different in price from the Premium one. Just a thought.

TC