The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Synergy fitted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43005)

Hattman 11th August 2009 18:37

Synergy fitted

Hi, all. Fitted my Snergy 2 today, have to say really impressed. I was always happy with the cars performance before but it has really given her a new lease of life.
Many thanks to Rover Ron!!! :lol:

tonygardner 11th August 2009 19:15

have you done the egr bypass ,and air intake mod

martin green 11th August 2009 23:01

How easy is it to fit these synergy boxes>?

James.uk 11th August 2009 23:09

Martin, it's very easy. Just find the plug for the MAF, it's by the oil filler cap, much easier if you take the cover off though. then unplg that and plug both male and female plugs into the matching ones on the synergy box leads. Do the same with the plug near the ERG valve, tie the wires and Ronbox out of harms way and thats it. :D

Dragrad 11th August 2009 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 369759)
Martin, it's very easy. Just find the plug for the MAF, it's by the oil filler cap, much easier if you take the cover off though. then unplg that and plug both male and female plugs into the matching ones on the synergy box leads. Do the same with the plug near the ERG valve, tie the wires and Ronbox out of harms way and thats it. :D

:iagree::wot: Ideally get a Pierburg MAF unit as well :D

Check out your PCV Filter as well - Recommended :bowdown:

martin green 11th August 2009 23:39

I lost it after the erg valve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mechanics is not much of goer here gents........how much more power does it give?

Dragrad 11th August 2009 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin green (Post 369780)
I lost it after the erg valve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mechanics is not much of goer here gents........how much more power does it give?

ERG valve? :shrug: ;):D

EGR valve :D

Does work. In most experts' opinions, they cannot see the point of having one fitted! ;)

I've done it and it certainly does give a bit more of oomph to the engine, I think only about 4 bhp, But it all helps :D

Do a search of the forum, there is plenty of advice, also visit RoveRon's web-site, it's all explained here ;).....

http://tuning-diesels.com/Gallery/gallery.htm#eg

martin green 11th August 2009 23:46

dalgrad youre a gent mate..

I will give this some ponderous thought, as the miles go onto my tourer the Miles per hour must be dropping now mate.

MG.

ALPACA 12th August 2009 06:44

:lol: Along the past few months I have fitted a Synergy 2, an EGR bypass valve, A jetex performance air filter, a new BMW upgrade PCV unit and have used Millers in every tank full. I can honestly say that it's a very different car to the one I purchased.

Vastly improved acceleration, mid range torque and driveability.

Regarding fuel consumption, it certainly has not dropped appreciatively. For me, the improved performance and horsepower means that the car is so much more pleasurable to drive in all situations, with instant urge and overtaking power, but I tend to still drive fairly sedately with just the odd burst from the traffic light grand prix, or acceleration when I need/desire. I love to waft along with that 'baby Bentley' feeling of opulence and smoothness, and the additions fitted have really enhanced the pleasure of driving, for me.

My daily commute registers at 45.4mpg and a jaunt last night recorded 55.4mpg overall, and even allowing for the optimistic computer, this pleases me very much. I personally bought Roxy for the beauty, comfort and elegance that I feel she offers in spades over most other cars, but the added power is a welcome bonus and puts a smile upon my face when I desire :D

Reebmit 12th August 2009 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALPACA (Post 369812)
:lol: Along the past few months I have fitted a Synergy 2, an EGR bypass valve, A jetex performance air filter, a new BMW upgrade PCV unit and have used Millers in every tank full. I can honestly say that it's a very different car to the one I purchased.

Vastly improved acceleration, mid range torque and driveability.

Regarding fuel consumption, it certainly has not dropped appreciatively. For me, the improved performance and horsepower means that the car is so much more pleasurable to drive in all situations, with instant urge and overtaking power, but I tend to still drive fairly sedately with just the odd burst from the traffic light grand prix, or acceleration when I need/desire. I love to waft along with that 'baby Bentley' feeling of opulence and smoothness, and the additions fitted have really enhanced the pleasure of driving, for me.

My daily commute registers at 45.4mpg and a jaunt last night recorded 55.4mpg overall, and even allowing for the optimistic computer, this pleases me very much. I personally bought Roxy for the beauty, comfort and elegance that I feel she offers in spades over most other cars, but the added power is a welcome bonus and puts a smile upon my face when I desire :D

Paul I can honestly say that your car mirrors mine pretty much on, fuel consumption, performance, colour, reasons you bought it etc....etc.......(mines a manual though) it seems like I could have just copied your post and say it was mine. I agree the car is unbeatable as an all round package.:D