The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Anyone close to Manchester that can help with an EP problem? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319717)

paulh260260 21st June 2022 18:23

Anyone close to Manchester that can help with an EP problem?

Just started my 04 2.5 Petrol Connie Auto only to get the dreaded EP on the display.

I've disconnected the battery for 15 mins but still the same, I've also checked the plenum and it's bone dry.

Haven't had any gearbox judders to suggest its the 2/4 solenoid, although it judders now, is that just due to the emergency mode or could that suggest the solenoid needs replacing?

Is there anything else I can do to either eliminate a problem or narrow it down myself?

If not as the header suggest is there anyone close to Manchester who could have a look and maybe help?

Cheers

Paul

Yorkshire GOC 21st June 2022 18:39

I would go to Big Russ at Liversedge a maestro on our cars and a T4 operator - only 35 miles or so from you - drop him a PM.:shrug:

paulh260260 21st June 2022 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC (Post 2936447)
I would go to Big Russ at Liversedge a maestro on our cars and a T4 operator - only 35 miles or so from you - drop him a PM.:shrug:

You're right Russ is a maestro and a nice guy but as I'm in Emergency Mode I cant get over to him ( even if its only 35 miles away!!!)The M62 is not the ideal road to be schlepping at 10 mph!!!!

I really need someone one in the know to come over to me to check it out and determine the fault in the first instance.

Paul

Eddiebassman 21st June 2022 23:27

I’ve known Russ travel in the past but no idea how far. I’d ask him, but of course pay him for the travel and time if he does.

The only guy I use for none heavy work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD1too 22nd June 2022 12:02

Hello Paul,

Strange as it may seem, the 'EP' indication does not necessarily mean a gearbox fault. It could be CAN bus communication problems with the automatic transmission ECU.

To rule this out, are your tachometer, temperature gauge, PRNDL display, check engine lamp and traction control (if fitted) displaying normally in the instrument binnacle?

Simon

paulh260260 22nd June 2022 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2936519)
Hello Paul,

Strange as it may seem, the 'EP' indication does not necessarily mean a gearbox fault. It could be CAN bus communication problems with the automatic transmission ECU.

To rule this out, are your tachometer, temperature gauge, PRNDL display, check engine lamp and traction control (if fitted) displaying normally in the instrument binnacle?

Simon

Hi Simon

Funnily enough the tacho and temp display weren't working, however I've just connected TOAF, scanned the engine then cleared all DTC's and the car is back to normal.

The next challenge, of course, is to determine what caused the fault in the first place, and try to prevent it happening again.

It sounds as if there could be a potential problem in the CAN bus

Cheers

Paul

trikey 22nd June 2022 12:36

What happens when you reset the gearbox ecu by pulling fuse 4 in the engine bay?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

SD1too 22nd June 2022 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh260260 (Post 2936521)
Hi Simon
Funnily enough the tacho and temp display weren't working ... It sounds as if there could be a potential problem in the CAN bus.

The CAN bus communication between the Engine Control Module and Instrument Pack has an intermittent fault [Source: RAVE].

It's good to know it's not the gearbox eh?

Simon

paulh260260 22nd June 2022 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2936526)
The CAN bus communication between the Engine Control Module and Instrument Pack has an intermittent fault [Source: RAVE].

It's good to know it's not the gearbox eh?

Simon

Oh yes!! Now if you've just got that from RAVE I'm going to have a good look at the disk as it's actually in my laptop anyway ( think it spends most of its life in there!!!)

paulh260260 22nd June 2022 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2936525)
What happens when you reset the gearbox ecu by pulling fuse 4 in the engine bay?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Haven't tried that Andy but as its working is it still worth trying or best left alone now?

Paul