The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

Twisterboy 7th April 2022 07:46

This was yesterday - Took mine on another drive down the East Lothian Countryside.

Saga Lout 7th April 2022 19:10

Nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistons_and_processors (Post 2927116)
I had my alloy wheels refurbished today by a mobile company. Done a great job, can’t believe the difference!
Wheel well space didn’t look too crusty and appears it’s had new rear shocks and dampeners at some point.

That's a nice example of a late model MK1.

Saga Lout 7th April 2022 19:15

Do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideValve (Post 2927295)
As I have the V6 in bits I thought I'd do a compression test before starting reassembly - just incase I need to keep digging.
No.3 spark plug came out fine. No.5 decided it didn't want to leave its snug home.
1st time I've ever used a rattle gun on a plug!
Not something I'd recommend but did the job beautifully.
Think I'll make sure the threads are sparkly before I get the compression tester stuck in there......

Cut a V into the screw part of an old plug with a grinder, make it so the clockwise/left side is nearer to a straight cut and the V shape leans to the right as viewed from above, pack the cut out with some grease and screw it into the plug hole like a tap, a half turn in and quarter turn back, it will clean the threads and the grease will catch the residue.

bl52krz 7th April 2022 19:50

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by CimmaronG (Post 2927253)
Fitted DAB aerial, then quick vac n wash, now it's raining:duh:

I always thought that rain is normal after washing and polishing your car. It is for me, like you.:D:shrug::duh:

SideValve 7th April 2022 20:44

1 Attachment(s)
Did a compression test - all good and hold their pressure nicely.
Time to start putting it back together.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1&d=1649364150

Bazzateer 8th April 2022 18:42

Took the ZT over to Wendover to swap it over with the 75 which my friend is kindly letting me park at his place. 75 has been parked for 4 weeks and started first time (the tracker has been running all this time too).

Still trying to decide whether to keep both or move one on.......:shrug:

edwardmk 8th April 2022 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2927445)
:D
I always thought that rain is normal after washing and polishing your car. It is for me, like you.:D:shrug::duh:

Here in Cornwall you become an immediate prime target for seagulls!

MDMH757 8th April 2022 22:17

Fitted the "in hose thermostat" mod, good to now have the heating to warm up quickly. :D

four new tyres being fitted tomorrow

Cheers

Maurice

bl52krz 8th April 2022 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardmk (Post 2927587)
Here in Cornwall you become an immediate prime target for seagulls!

Its the pigging pigeons here. Usually wash and wax it, then go in for a drink and......... come out to see it’s been targeted by flying shyte machines.

TomTheTyke 9th April 2022 07:29

Actually yesterday but we arrived at about 11 o’clock, longest single journey since buying the 75 in September, 230+ miles up the A1 from jct 38 just North of Doncaster to Edinburgh.

Didn’t miss a beat and didn’t ache when I got out, even without cruise control. When I bought this car it had only done 40000 miles in its 20 years but my intention is to drive it while a V6 petrol is still allowed and so far as an everyday car and occasional mile muncher I can’t fault it. Only had to change the thermostat (common fault) over Christmas which was leaking slightly when I bought it anyway.