The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Snow mode (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302873)

Yannage 14th February 2020 08:19

Snow mode

A star has appeared next to D on dash. Research suggests this means snow mode is on. My misses is adamant she hasn't put it on though. Does the car autodetect this?

MalteseMarc 14th February 2020 08:25

Hi,
It's must have somehow been pressed as this is not automatically applied, the same in regards to sports mode.

Kind regards

rovertone 14th February 2020 08:28

The switch to the left of the gear change lever gives you the option to select 'S' Sport or '*' Snow, but IIRC when ignition was switched off the system defaults back to normal Drive.
Switch isn't sticking is it, have you tried switching between the two modes?

My car's not here at the moment so can't check.

Yannage 14th February 2020 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovertone (Post 2793046)
The switch to the left of the gear change lever gives you the option to select 'S' Sport or '*' Snow, but IIRC when ignition was switched off the system defaults back to normal Drive.
Switch isn't sticking is it, have you tried switching between the two modes?

My car's not here at the moment so can't check.

Cars with her, I'll have to get her to try at lunch.

clf 14th February 2020 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yannage (Post 2793047)
Cars with her, I'll have to get her to try at lunch.

Does she have a handbag or purse? As she reaches it over the console, perhaps it drags onto the switch ?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

rovertone 14th February 2020 12:57

My car's now back (clean MOT, yippee!) and I have refreshed myself as I rarely use the two modes.
Firstly if either mode is selected after ignition has been switched off it does default to normal drive.
To engage Sport Mode you slide switch forward, to engage Snow mode press the switch down, so anything resting on the switch?

trikey 14th February 2020 17:16

The normal mode will be enabled once the ignition is cycled.

Yannage 18th February 2020 12:21

It was a false alarm... the next time the engine was switched on it was back to normal. I wasn't too sure if there were known issues about this but it seems not.

clf 18th February 2020 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yannage (Post 2793857)
It was a false alarm... the next time the engine was switched on it was back to normal. I wasn't too sure if there were known issues about this but it seems not.

tell her to lift her handbag higher over the fixtures of the car when she gets in ;)

DMGRS 18th February 2020 20:28

I've had a couple of instances in my own 75 ownership, the switches can stick (although of course yours is fine - just for anyone else with the same issue).

If anyone has the same issue occurring randomly, I'd take the switch out and clean it thoroughly with switch cleaner, or swap with a good used replacement.