The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rover 75CDti 2005 not starting p0102 p2141 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297168)

Rifster 4th July 2019 10:29

Rover 75CDti 2005 not starting p0102 p2141

hi all,
need help .. my reliable Rover 75 tourer 2005 cdti has finally let me down twice. turns over fine but wont start now. I have changed the cam sensor with new 1 from euro car parts and cleaned out the egr and cleaned the maf. It did start with easy start spray before but not even that will work now. The codes that keep coming up are p0102 maf and p2141 egr ... what can I do 2 get this baby working again. ?? if the maf is faulty will the car not start at all ?? or is it something else.... thanks

pscan.eu 4th July 2019 10:43

have you checked that the plenum isn't full of water?
It's the first thing I check with a non starting diesel.

Rifster 4th July 2019 10:54

thanks

how about the 2 codes that keep coming back up .... ??
It must be elec issue as it wont start with easy start anymore ..

pscan.eu 4th July 2019 11:00

Having the bottom inch of the engine ECU submerged under water would cause strange error codes and a non start.

I'm not saying that that's your problem. I'm saying that you should check it if you haven't already.

Rifster 4th July 2019 11:19

checked it .... all seems dry and ok

bsafly 4th July 2019 12:53

A diesel will always start on easystart etc providing the cranking speed is correct, (and it has sufficient compression ), there is no electrical interaction with combustion, cylinder pressure causes the fuel to ignite. Obviously if there is an electrical fault causing non-injection of fuel it won'the start without an outside supply (easystart).Sudden lack of compression is unlikely, non injection most likely. Hope that is helpful.

Rifster 4th July 2019 13:27

Thanks

thats helpful ...
so it has to be a fuelling prob ?? changed the fuel filter recently and I did start after a few trys with carb cleaner, then it carried on working fine. the next day started in the morning first crank .. then after that the probs started again. not starting now even with carb cleaner thro the egr. changed the cam sensor and cleaned the maf .. still nothing !!

Number 6 4th July 2019 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rifster (Post 2745417)
thats helpful ...
so it has to be a fuelling prob ?? changed the fuel filter recently and I did start after a few trys with carb cleaner, then it carried on working fine. the next day started in the morning first crank .. then after that the probs started again. not starting now even with carb cleaner thro the egr. changed the cam sensor and cleaned the maf .. still nothing !!

I had a similar problem with nonstarting..or like you intermittent starting....It was down to the seals on the fuel regulator on the back of the High pressure pump BUT it would always start wth easy start:shrug:Also if you disconnect the MAF it will return to default settings and still start and run..Could it be Injector leak back ???:shrug:

Mike Noc 5th July 2019 06:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rifster (Post 2745378)
checked it .... all seems dry and ok

When it doesn't start, does the oil light come on with key to position II as it should?

bsafly 5th July 2019 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rifster (Post 2745417)
thats helpful ...

I would be re-checking the fuel filter as a first point of call, I take it the car had no running issues before you changed the filter, but wouldn't start without carb cleaner immediately afterwards. I have changed my fuel filter several times now and never had a non-start afterwards. I maybe on the wrong track, but it would appear to be more than a coincidence. Hope that helps.